Activex controls

My Norton security center will not open. I get the message " Your current
settings
prohibit running activex controls on this page" I don't know anything about
activex.
Any help much appreciated.
Thanks
Doug
--
Welcome to Windows. If it breaks we
will let you keep both halves.

    ActiveX is a model for writing programs so that other programs and the
    operating system can call them. ActiveX technology is used with Microsoft
    Internet Explorer to make interactive web pages that look and behave like
    computer programs, rather than static pages. With ActiveX, users can ask or
    answer questions, use push buttons, and interact in other ways with the web
    page. ActiveX controls are often written using Visual Basic.

    Unfortunately Activex format can be used to make spyware, that is why
    Internet Explorer is configured by default to prevent running pages based on
    Activex as a matter of security. If you know the web page poses no threat,
    and want to allow its execution, you can allow it in Internet
    Options\Security\Internet\Customized level\Activex Controls.....

    Regards.

    "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje
    > My Norton security center will not open. I get the message " Your current
    > settings
    > prohibit running activex controls on this page" I don't know anything
    about
    > activex.
    > Any help much appreciated.
    > Thanks