Radeon 7200 on Laptop

I have an IBM R40e with a Radeon 7200 M330. Upon boot the machine
automatically allocates 16MB of RAM to the video process. Is there
anyway to change this process? I would like to boost the RAM to 64
MB. It uses DMVT or something like that for the RAM process, IBM
won't "officially" tell me if it can be changed or not.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
DeepPurple

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"DeepPurple" <DeepPurple28@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I have an IBM R40e with a Radeon 7200 M330. Upon boot the machine
> automatically allocates 16MB of RAM to the video process. Is there
> anyway to change this process? I would like to boost the RAM to 64
> MB. It uses DMVT or something like that for the RAM process, IBM
> won't "officially" tell me if it can be changed or not.

If you can, it'll be one of the options in the BIOS. You need to press
the"access IBM" button when the "to interrupt normal startup" splash
appears. Select access startup utility. If it's not there, then no. If
yours has the standard 256Mb of RAM installed, then setting AGP to 64Mb
drops your available memory to 192Mb. Not exactly desirable on an XP system.
16Mb for web browsing and productivity programs is plenty.

Thanks. That was what I was afraid of, I looked in the DIOS and
nothing. I've upgraded the RAM to 768 so giving more to the video
card won't hurt to much and I could take it to a 1 GB if needed. IBM
must have put the controller for this either in the CMOS or right on
the mother board. Oh well. Thanks for your help.