Radeon 7200 on Laptop

I have an IBM R40e with a Radeon 7200 M330. Upon boot the machine
automatically allocates 16MB of RAM to the video process. Is there
anyway to change this process? I would like to boost the RAM to 64
MB. It uses DMVT or something like that for the RAM process, IBM
won't "officially" tell me if it can be changed or not.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
DeepPurple
2 answers Last reply
More about radeon 7200 laptop

    "DeepPurple" <DeepPurple28@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >I have an IBM R40e with a Radeon 7200 M330. Upon boot the machine
    > automatically allocates 16MB of RAM to the video process. Is there
    > anyway to change this process? I would like to boost the RAM to 64
    > MB. It uses DMVT or something like that for the RAM process, IBM
    > won't "officially" tell me if it can be changed or not.

    If you can, it'll be one of the options in the BIOS. You need to press
    the"access IBM" button when the "to interrupt normal startup" splash
    appears. Select access startup utility. If it's not there, then no. If
    yours has the standard 256Mb of RAM installed, then setting AGP to 64Mb
    drops your available memory to 192Mb. Not exactly desirable on an XP system.
    16Mb for web browsing and productivity programs is plenty.

    Thanks. That was what I was afraid of, I looked in the DIOS and
    nothing. I've upgraded the RAM to 768 so giving more to the video
    card won't hurt to much and I could take it to a 1 GB if needed. IBM
    must have put the controller for this either in the CMOS or right on
    the mother board. Oh well. Thanks for your help.

    On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 06:35:42 GMT, "Augustus" <augustus@wrtt.net>
    wrote:

    >"DeepPurple" <DeepPurple28@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >>I have an IBM R40e with a Radeon 7200 M330. Upon boot the machine
    >> automatically allocates 16MB of RAM to the video process. Is there
    >> anyway to change this process? I would like to boost the RAM to 64
    >> MB. It uses DMVT or something like that for the RAM process, IBM
    >> won't "officially" tell me if it can be changed or not.
    >
    >If you can, it'll be one of the options in the BIOS. You need to press
    >the"access IBM" button when the "to interrupt normal startup" splash
    >appears. Select access startup utility. If it's not there, then no. If
    >yours has the standard 256Mb of RAM installed, then setting AGP to 64Mb
    >drops your available memory to 192Mb. Not exactly desirable on an XP system.
    >16Mb for web browsing and productivity programs is plenty.

Radeon Laptops RAM Graphics