Radeon 8500DV - ATI WDM Tuner This device cannot start. (C..

Hello,

I encountered erorr with Radeon 8500DV.
TV tuner does not wish to run anymore (VIdeo IN still working)
In device manager is shown next error.

ATI WDM Tuner
This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Does anybody know how to solve problem.

Thanks in advance
Siljo

PIV 2,6c, 512 DDR400
Aiw 8500DV
EPOX 4PDA2+, 865PE chipset
WinXP pro, SP2
Catalyst 4.10

"Siljo" <igor.prah@zg.t-com.hr> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I encountered erorr with Radeon 8500DV.
> TV tuner does not wish to run anymore (VIdeo IN still working)
> In device manager is shown next error.
>
> ATI WDM Tuner
> This device cannot start. (Code 10)
>
> Does anybody know how to solve problem.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Siljo
>
> PIV 2,6c, 512 DDR400
> Aiw 8500DV
> EPOX 4PDA2+, 865PE chipset
> WinXP pro, SP2
> Catalyst 4.10
I'm aware that these are the same symptoms that users with DirectX 9.0b
with PAL/SECAM cards were experiencing. Upgrading to DirectX 9.0c should fix
that though. If its a problem that's just cropped up, what changes have you
made prior to it occurring? The code 10 error may indicate the motherboard
isn't assigning an IRQ to the VGA card and it actually needs to - ensure
this option is enabled in the motherboard BIOS. Have you tried running the
system compatibility check tests under the configuration option and if so
what did it say (other than there being no Radeon chip present)? I'm using
an 8500DV with Cat 4.10 and MMC 9.02 and its working fine under XP Pro SP2.

Paul

Hi

I have directx90.c

There are errors in system compatibilty check

1. No ATI Radeon ore more recent

2.Capture driver is not loaded nor ennumerated by the de......

Regarding BIOS i do not know where to check.
There is shown that Video adapter use IRQ11
In device manager is 16.

Any other idea?

"Paul Murphy" <p_murphynothanks@tospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Siljo" <igor.prah@zg.t-com.hr> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I encountered erorr with Radeon 8500DV.
>> TV tuner does not wish to run anymore (VIdeo IN still working)
>> In device manager is shown next error.
>>
>> ATI WDM Tuner
>> This device cannot start. (Code 10)
>>
>> Does anybody know how to solve problem.
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Siljo
>>
>> PIV 2,6c, 512 DDR400
>> Aiw 8500DV
>> EPOX 4PDA2+, 865PE chipset
>> WinXP pro, SP2
>> Catalyst 4.10
> I'm aware that these are the same symptoms that users with DirectX 9.0b
> with PAL/SECAM cards were experiencing. Upgrading to DirectX 9.0c should
> fix that though. If its a problem that's just cropped up, what changes
> have you made prior to it occurring? The code 10 error may indicate the
> motherboard isn't assigning an IRQ to the VGA card and it actually needs
> to - ensure this option is enabled in the motherboard BIOS. Have you tried
> running the system compatibility check tests under the configuration
> option and if so what did it say (other than there being no Radeon chip
> present)? I'm using an 8500DV with Cat 4.10 and MMC 9.02 and its working
> fine under XP Pro SP2.
>
> Paul

OK so its not DirectX 9.0b then. If I understand your post correctly you're
saying BIOS shows the card as using IRQ 11, yet device manager shows it
using IRQ 16, if this is the case then that likely indicates a problem.
What's the situation regarding any changes you may have made.... you didn't
answer my question on that one. Is this a new build that you've not got to
work yet or is it a machine that was working fine and now isn't anymore - if
the second situation is the case, what have you done to the machine in
between it working and it now not working? I presume the latest Intel
chipset drivers for the motherboard have been loaded? You should find out
how to get into the BIOS of the motherboard by reading the motherboards
manual. If you don't have a hardcopy, you can likely download one from the
Epox website. The actual setting name will be something along the lines of
"Assign IRQ to VGA" - ensure it's on and if that means changing it, make
sure you "save changes on exit".

Paul

"S³awomir ¯aboklicki" <ZaboklicBezReklam@klub.chip.pl> wrote in message

> > ATI WDM Tuner
> > This device cannot start. (Code 10)
> >

> Read Ati WDM release notes
> http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wdm_4.07.html
>
> Download WDM driver alone and install it.
> Rgds
> SZ

Or just remove it and let XP reinstall it. If XP can't find it point it to
C:\ati\support\folder capture drivers are in. If not sure which one its in
point to each one till it finds it.
This assumes you haven't deleted the folder and that C: is your boot drive.

I tried, did not help.

"T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "S³awomir ¯aboklicki" <ZaboklicBezReklam@klub.chip.pl> wrote in message
>>

>> > ATI WDM Tuner
>> > This device cannot start. (Code 10)
>> >

>> Read Ati WDM release notes
>> http://www2.ati.com/drivers/wdm_4.07.html
>>
>> Download WDM driver alone and install it.
>> Rgds
>> SZ
>>

> Or just remove it and let XP reinstall it. If XP can't find it point it to
> C:\ati\support\folder capture drivers are in. If not sure which one its in
> point to each one till it finds it.
> This assumes you haven't deleted the folder and that C: is your boot
> drive.

Hi,
I do not have that option on Bios (regarding IRQ)

I installed PC from the scratch.

1. Format C:
2. Install XP
3. SP2
4. Chipset drivers
5. ATI Drivers 4.10
6. SB Live driver
7. SAT-card driver
8. win media encoder 2
9. ATI MMC

Do not know where is problem

Igor
> OK so its not DirectX 9.0b then. If I understand your post correctly
> you're saying BIOS shows the card as using IRQ 11, yet device manager
> shows it using IRQ 16, if this is the case then that likely indicates a
> problem. What's the situation regarding any changes you may have made....
> you didn't answer my question on that one. Is this a new build that you've
> not got to work yet or is it a machine that was working fine and now isn't
> anymore - if the second situation is the case, what have you done to the
> machine in between it working and it now not working? I presume the latest
> Intel chipset drivers for the motherboard have been loaded? You should
> find out how to get into the BIOS of the motherboard by reading the
> motherboards manual. If you don't have a hardcopy, you can likely download
> one from the Epox website. The actual setting name will be something along
> the lines of "Assign IRQ to VGA" - ensure it's on and if that means
> changing it, make sure you "save changes on exit".
>
> Paul
>
> "Siljo" <igor.prah@zg.t-com.hr> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I have directx90.c
>>
>> There are errors in system compatibilty check
>>
>> 1. No ATI Radeon ore more recent
>>
>> 2.Capture driver is not loaded nor ennumerated by the de......
>>
>> Regarding BIOS i do not know where to check.
>> There is shown that Video adapter use IRQ11
>> In device manager is 16.
>>
>> Any other idea?
>>
>> "Paul Murphy" <p_murphynothanks@tospamhotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "Siljo" <igor.prah@zg.t-com.hr> wrote in message

>>> I'm aware that these are the same symptoms that users with DirectX 9.0b
>>> with PAL/SECAM cards were experiencing. Upgrading to DirectX 9.0c should
>>> fix that though. If its a problem that's just cropped up, what changes
>>> have you made prior to it occurring? The code 10 error may indicate the
>>> motherboard isn't assigning an IRQ to the VGA card and it actually needs
>>> to - ensure this option is enabled in the motherboard BIOS. Have you
>>> tried running the system compatibility check tests under the
>>> configuration option and if so what did it say (other than there being
>>> no Radeon chip present)? I'm using an 8500DV with Cat 4.10 and MMC 9.02
>>> and its working fine under XP Pro SP2.
>>>
>>> Paul

The next best thing then is to ensure that under PNP/PCI Configuration in
the BIOS, all resources are automatically controlled. Some motherboards have
known issues with the 8500DVs Firewire functionality. To ensure this isn't
an issue in your case you can turn off the Firewire functionality of the
card. There are 2 small slide type switches on the card - ensure they're
both switched off. In device manager are there spare IRQs? Although PCI
Steering will allow sharing of IRQs for cards, sometimes problems can occur
with some hardware when it doesn't get its own IRQ. I'm unsure what step 7
on your list below refers to - should that read SATA (i.e. the drivers for
your Serial ATA Controller - I thought these are supposed to be installed
from a floppy disk by pressing F6 during the initial part of Windows
installation? If it refers to a satellite TV Decoder card of some type, have
you tried the machine with that card removed? I presume Win Media Encoder 2
should read version 9, additionally step 9 makes no mention of installing
MMCs prerequisite DAO/MDAC and DVD Decoder - were these installed before MMC
itself?

Although that code 10 error makes it look like the capture driver isn't
installed, if the resources aren't there to allow it to work (or there's a
conflict), this will also cause this - I believe this is what has happened.
Once the requires resources are free, the error should go away. Is the
8500DV a known good card - i.e. you've had it working fine in another
machine? Its unlikely that this is due to a defective card but it would be
nice to be able to rule that out as a possibility.

Paul