Seems my problems are caused by the Windows XP Activation. After talking to
an IT guy, he says that XP forces the user to activate each copy of Windows
XP.

Every time I logged on to my User Account (and I am administrator), the
prompt would pop up that I had ____ days to activate Windows. When I would
select "Yes" to activate Windows, the system would state that my Windows was
already activated. The system would then continue to boot normally and I
wouldn't see this until the next time I logged onto my account.

So, though my Windows XP is supposedly activated, is there a way for me to
make sure? Or is there a way for me to get another activation code? This copy
of XP was included on my Emachines pc. It shouldn't be having any troubles,
but I need help!!

Thanks!

"Stuck In Central CA" <StuckInCentralCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:68735246-1137-4683-B99F-56E550F990F7@microsoft.com...
> Seems my problems are caused by the Windows XP Activation. After talking
> an IT guy, he says that XP forces the user to activate each copy of
> Windows
> XP.

<snip>

> This copy
> of XP was included on my Emachines pc. It shouldn't be having any
> troubles,
> but I need help!!

Contact eMachines for support if their OEM supplied copy is exhibiting
problems.

--

Regards,

Mike