XP Screensaver LOCKS Computer

June 9, 2005 12:24:26 AM

I have a very annoying situation here... My PC Screensaver, whenever the
SS acitvates, instead of the welcome screen where users can log in.....
its a Log-In window that says something like "this computer has been
locked, only the Admin can unlock it." The guest ACC has no PW but only
the admin can unlock it. I can unlock it cause i am the Admin, but if
other people try to log in, it wont let them. Its very annoying because
if they want the welcome screen, they have to restart the computer. How
can I turn this computer locking feature off? I want to be able to walk
away from my computer without worrying that no one will be able to use
it until I get home and unlock it.

--
DRKLINKX7
June 9, 2005 12:24:27 AM

DRKLINKX7 wrote:

> I have a very annoying situation here... My PC Screensaver, whenever
> the SS acitvates, instead of the welcome screen where users can log
> in..... its a Log-In window that says something like "this computer
> has been locked, only the Admin can unlock it." The guest ACC has no
> PW but only the admin can unlock it. I can unlock it cause i am the
> Admin, but if other people try to log in, it wont let them. Its very
> annoying because if they want the welcome screen, they have to restart
> the computer. How can I turn this computer locking feature off? I want
> to be able to walk away from my computer without worrying that no one
> will be able to use it until I get home and unlock it.

On the Screensaver tab in the Display applet (Control Panel) uncheck the
box that requires users to enter a password after the screensaver
activates.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers