Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Five ports that I heard may be vulnerable. Can someone verify this?

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I also have a firewall so do I need to ne concern about these ports?

Dan wrote:
> I also have a firewall so do I need to ne concern about these ports?

I have no idea..

You didn't mention what type of firewall (hardware or software) or if you
had properly configured it/checked its configuration - nor am I sitting at
your desktop where I can start to determine this type of information for
you. =) Should you be concerned?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

try this
https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2
then you can decide to be concerned
peterk

the problem
>I also have a firewall so do I need to ne concern about these ports?
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
>> Dan wrote:
>> > 40421
>> >
>> > 50766
>> >
>> > 55165
>> >
>> > 60000
>> >
>> > 65000
>> >
>> > Five ports that I heard may be vulnerable. Can someone verify this?
>>
>> Google.. Try it.. Love it..
>> http://www.google.com/intl/en/help/basics.html
>>
>> Your answer:
>> http://www.sans.org/resources/idfaq/oddports.php
>>
>> OLD vulnerabilities, but likely variants still exist.
>>
>> --
>> Shenan Stanley
>> MS-MVP
>> --

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have a software firewall.

Hmm, I used the port probe thing for the 5 ports and they were all stealth
^_^.

jono

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

i would like to suggest turning off my firewall while I try the shields up,
but god knows what would happen in the time I had it switched off. I would
put money down that i would get "owned" by somat undesirable!

>I have a software firewall.
>
> Hmm, I used the port probe thing for the 5 ports and they were all stealth
> ^_^.

I have run ShieldUp with my firewall turned off.....and for the 2 or 3
minutes it takes to run no one actually took over my computer.no virus
turned virulant...no spyware spied....no hacker hacked..no keylogger
logged.......I managed to survive!!! Whoopee
peterk

the problem