9600XT FM not Working

My FM reception is good but it starts producing static noise after several
seconds of clear sound. Anyone had this problem? Any cure for it? I have
tried a sound blaster live card and the on board sound of the mother board.
both have the same results.

nwviking wrote:
> My FM reception is good but it starts producing static noise after several
> seconds of clear sound. Anyone had this problem? Any cure for it? I have
> tried a sound blaster live card and the on board sound of the mother board.
> both have the same results.

This may or may not apply...

My AIW 9600 XT has a similar problem, except that the FM starts up with
"noise" (not quite sure how to describe it).

The only solution I've found is to run "Multi-channel Sound Manager", go
to the speaker configuration tab, and toggle the "Enable digital audio
output" check box. I have to do this every time I start the FM tuner.
If the checkbox is checked, unchecking makes the FM work. If it is not
checked, I have to check and then uncheck it. Strange.

I'm not sure if the Sound Manager is a MS program or from my PC vendor
(I have a HP Pavilion Athlon 64 running XP). But this is the only way
I've found to get my FM tuner to work.

-Rich

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 20:05:37 -0800, "nwviking" <ivarg@comcast.net>
wrote:

>My FM reception is good but it starts producing static noise after several
>seconds of clear sound. Anyone had this problem? Any cure for it? I have
>tried a sound blaster live card and the on board sound of the mother board.
>both have the same results.

The "workaround" towards the bottom worked for me. The solution below
is copied from this link:
http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4399.html

Loss of audio using the FM Player
This issue affects the following system configurations:
Windows XP
ALL-IN-WONDER products supporting the ATI FM Player
Some users have reported that while using the FM tuner, the audio will
cut out after approximately 2 minutes of use. Closing and restarting
the software will allow the audio to play, but the same symptom may
reoccur.

Not all systems are affected.

ATI Customer Care is currently tracking this occurrence. To help with
our investigation, please provide the following information:
Operating System used
Name of any Anti-Virus software packages installed on the system
Make and model of your sound card
If the sound card's driver has been updated
Whether a cable feed or antenna is being used for FM reception
Other FM tuning devices in the system, if applicable
The Country where you are located
102 Part Number of the ALL-IN-WONDER 9600 PRO
Is the soundboard integrated on the motherboard?
Does an updated sound driver alleviate this symptom?
Does closing MSN/Windows Messenger help alleviate the issue?
Does the issue persist upon lowering DirectSound Acceleration in
DXDIAG?
For more information on finding a 102 part number, please see "How can
I determine the (102) part number for my card?".

Some customers have reported a workaround:

If you are running the Norton Anti-Virus Software suite, temporarily
disabling the ccApp.exe service prior to launching the ATI FM Player.
To disable the ccApp.exe process, please complete to the following
steps:

Press the ALT + CTRL + DEL keys together
Select the button for Task Manager
Click the Processes tab
Locate the ccApp.exe process and click the End Process button
Launch the ATI TV Player
The ccApp.exe process is necessary for Norton's Anti-Virus and
Internet Security packages to function. More specifically, should the
ccApp.exe services be stopped, the Auto-Protect and Email Scanning
features of Norton Anti-Virus will not run. For this reason, the
ccApp.exe process should not be disabled at Startup. More information
on ccApp.exe can be found at http://www.symantec.com.

After using the TV Player, users can re-activate the ccApp.exe process
by restarting the system.

-Jeff