Wireless gurus??? Check out this!

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

A real weird thing (read VERY frustrating!) happened the other day. I can no
longer get an IP address from my wireless router on my IBM Thinkpad T40p. I
can get an
address two other ways:

1) Set a fixed IP address.
2) And this is weird. Plug in a wired link to the router and then I get an
IP address for the wired card and the wireless card.

On my T40 (not t40p) it connects flawlessly everytime.

I have the latest IBM Access Conn and Wireless drivers. I have tried it with
and
without wireless Zero Config. The only thing I can thing that has changed is
that I tried to configure the bluetooth card.

I have also tried system restore and had no luck getting it to work.

The error message from Access Connections:
Connection Status: Disconnected
Cause: Authentication Failed.
Error Code: 304
Recommended Action: Authentication to the wireless network specified in
this profile failed. Contact your network administrator.

If the problem persists, contact your network administrator and provide the
troubleshooting information below.
I have tried it with and without WEP and it makes no difference. The error
above is simply wrong.

Mike

Splendid
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless,microsoft.public.windowsxp.network_web (More info?)

try a new user with admin rights
sounds like a screwed profile

mike

"Wayne Boxall" <boxall_W@NOSPAMyahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> A real weird thing (read VERY frustrating!) happened the other day. I can
no
> longer get an IP address from my wireless router on my IBM Thinkpad T40p.
> can get an
> address two other ways:
>
> 1) Set a fixed IP address.
> 2) And this is weird. Plug in a wired link to the router and then I get an
> IP address for the wired card and the wireless card.
>
> On my T40 (not t40p) it connects flawlessly everytime.
>
> I have the latest IBM Access Conn and Wireless drivers. I have tried it
with
> and
> without wireless Zero Config. The only thing I can thing that has changed
is
> that I tried to configure the bluetooth card.
>
> I have also tried system restore and had no luck getting it to work.
>
> The error message from Access Connections:
> Connection Status: Disconnected
> Cause: Authentication Failed.
> Error Code: 304
> Recommended Action: Authentication to the wireless network specified in
> this profile failed. Contact your network administrator.
>
> If the problem persists, contact your network administrator and provide
the
> troubleshooting information below.
> I have tried it with and without WEP and it makes no difference. The error
> above is simply wrong.

---

it's a lot easier if you just reset your wireless router to
default. clear settings of your wireless cards and restart
wireless zero configuration. in short, rebuild your WLAN
from scratch. once you're done it 2 or 3 times, it becomes
very easy.

19/06/2004

>.

TRENDING THREADS