Internet Explorer freezing since SP2 installed

Ever since I installed XP Service Pack 2, my Internet Explorer has been
useless- it freezes after one or two pages. I am not using MSN Explorer
excusively for web-browsing at home. Is there any way to fix Internet
Explorer so I can use it once again?
I tried uninstalling SP2 but that didn't help so I reinstalled it for
security reasons.
Thanks!

Malke

quinncx wrote:

> Ever since I installed XP Service Pack 2, my Internet Explorer has
> been
> useless- it freezes after one or two pages. I am not using MSN
> Explorer
> excusively for web-browsing at home. Is there any way to fix Internet
> Explorer so I can use it once again?
> I tried uninstalling SP2 but that didn't help so I reinstalled it for
> security reasons.
> Thanks!

Is the computer 100% virus and malware-free? If you think so, what did
you do to determine this?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

The computer is completely clean- I had a virus but it was eliminated with
help from another website. They certified me as clean based on my HijackThis
log/ewido/etc. Even so, the virus was accidentally downloaded several months
after my IE stopped working. My sister had exactly the same problem after
she installed SP2 and we have almost identical Toshiba laptops. Any advice?

"Malke" wrote:

> quinncx wrote:
>
> > Ever since I installed XP Service Pack 2, my Internet Explorer has
> > been
> > useless- it freezes after one or two pages. I am not using MSN
> > Explorer
> > excusively for web-browsing at home. Is there any way to fix Internet
> > Explorer so I can use it once again?
> > I tried uninstalling SP2 but that didn't help so I reinstalled it for
> > security reasons.
> > Thanks!
>
> Is the computer 100% virus and malware-free? If you think so, what did
> you do to determine this?
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Alan

quinncx wrote:
> Ever since I installed XP Service Pack 2, my Internet Explorer has been
> useless- it freezes after one or two pages. I am not using MSN Explorer
> excusively for web-browsing at home. Is there any way to fix Internet
> Explorer so I can use it once again?
> I tried uninstalling SP2 but that didn't help so I reinstalled it for
> security reasons.
> Thanks!
Did you visit the Toshiba support site and first check to see
what needed to be done to your laptop ( updated drivers, BIOS,
etc.) to prepare it for SP2?

I advise you to visit the Toshiba support site and download their
Win XP Sp2 troubleshooting utility. Just use their ASK IRIS
search tool and search for XP SP2 documents.