History

I have Windows XP home edition. I am not sure if I can ask this in here but
if not you can tell me a better place maybe?
My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't have a
problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a shop to get
some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs Spybot Search and
Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that the shop will see the
sites he has been to and I was hoping someone here may be able to tell me
how to wipe out his tracks. I know that you cant see anything much by just
going into your main files and folders, but I have been told that
professionals can still see things after they have been deleted. Can anyone
give me a clue on this?

_______
Janet.
_______

Malke

Curios... wrote:

> I have Windows XP home edition. I am not sure if I can ask this in
> here but if not you can tell me a better place maybe?
> My husband has been looking at online adult sites and whilst I don't
> have a problem with him doing so, I have to take my computer into a
> shop to get some hardware put in and installed. I use the programs
> Spybot Search and Destroy and also Ad-Aware. I am still concerned that
> the shop will see the sites he has been to and I was hoping someone
> here may be able to tell me how to wipe out his tracks. I know that
> you cant see anything much by just going into your main files and
> folders, but I have been told that professionals can still see things
> after they have been deleted. Can anyone give me a clue on this?

Janet, unless your husband has been going to sites that would put the
shop in the position of needing to call the police (like child
pr0nography), the shop will not care. We techs have far better things
to do with our time than care about what pr0n sites customers view.

However, you can clear the History from the Internet Options General
tab.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Oh no, he would never do anything like that! He just looks up typical male
stuff (no offence there!)
Although I do appreciate your advice, thank you.
_______
Janet.