lime

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002

I have heard there is a way to save yourself from reformatting
everything if you forget the adminstrative password... can anyone
please tell me how you bypass the password if you have forgotten your
user password for logging on XP?

...::LiMe::..

LiMe wrote:
> I have heard there is a way to save yourself from reformatting
> everything if you forget the adminstrative password... can anyone
> please tell me how you bypass the password if you have forgotten your
> user password for logging on XP?
>
> ..::LiMe::..

Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
cannot be deleted) and use Start > Run > "control userpasswords2" to
modify the desired account(s). By design, the only way to log into the
Administrator account of WinXP Home is to reboot into Safe Mode. For
WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the Welcome Screen will
produce the standard login dialog box.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

LiMe wrote:
> I have heard there is a way to save yourself from reformatting
> everything if you forget the adminstrative password... can anyone
> please tell me how you bypass the password if you have forgotten your
> user password for logging on XP?

Well, there's no real Bypass..

You can log on as another admin user (if XP Home, the administrator user can
only be logged in under Safe mode..) and change the password of the user in
question..

See here:

Beyond that - you can hack your password using one of these tools:

Hack your password:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Another Password Hack:
http://www.thomasmathiesen.com/itak/html/software.html