Bypassing Login for XP...

I have heard there is a way to save yourself from reformatting
everything if you forget the adminstrative password... can anyone
please tell me how you bypass the password if you have forgotten your
user password for logging on XP?

...::LiMe::..
2 answers Last reply
More about bypassing login

    LiMe wrote:
    > I have heard there is a way to save yourself from reformatting
    > everything if you forget the adminstrative password... can anyone
    > please tell me how you bypass the password if you have forgotten your
    > user password for logging on XP?
    >
    > ..::LiMe::..

    Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
    cannot be deleted) and use Start > Run > "control userpasswords2" to
    modify the desired account(s). By design, the only way to log into the
    Administrator account of WinXP Home is to reboot into Safe Mode. For
    WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at the Welcome Screen will
    produce the standard login dialog box.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    LiMe wrote:
    > I have heard there is a way to save yourself from reformatting
    > everything if you forget the adminstrative password... can anyone
    > please tell me how you bypass the password if you have forgotten your
    > user password for logging on XP?

    Well, there's no real Bypass..

    You can log on as another admin user (if XP Home, the administrator user can
    only be logged in under Safe mode..) and change the password of the user in
    question..

    See here:

    Beyond that - you can hack your password using one of these tools:

    Hack your password:
    http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

    Another Password Hack:
    http://www.thomasmathiesen.com/itak/html/software.html