Nvidia to X800

Hello,

I'm thinking about moving from a 6800 GT to an X800, but it's hard to
find the right card.

Does anyone know of an AGP X800 with dual DVI-out? I've looked all over
the Internet and dual DVI cards abound, but only in PCI-Express
configurations.

Thanks,

Marton

Hey - thanks for the reply.

Who makes an X800XT with an AGP system interface and dual DVI
connectors? I'm having the same problem here... I can find several with
dual DVI and PCI-Express, and many more with AGP & the old VGA & DVI
combo.

I am leaving the 6800 GT behind because it's dead. And I'm not buying
another NVidia card because:

1. I don't want to get anything lesser than what I had before.

2. I'm not buying an Ultra with its ridiculous PSU requirements.

3. I'm not buying another GT because it would be nothing new for me.

4. And finally, I'm not buying NVidia because none of their cards seem
to support my Cinema HD display properly. (Don't want to get into all
the problems, but it takes ages to get it so-so working with a specific
card, and the process usually involves finding some outdated driver
which isn't broken yet.) I've heard only good things about the ATI &
Cinema HD combination.

-Marton

Glitch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

amarton@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm thinking about moving from a 6800 GT to an X800, but it's hard to
> find the right card.
>
> Does anyone know of an AGP X800 with dual DVI-out? I've looked all over
> the Internet and dual DVI cards abound, but only in PCI-Express
> configurations.

You'll have to wait for the X800XL that will be pretty much the same as
your 6800GT,or buy a X800XT that has dual DVI.
But why move from a 6800GT?

Glitch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

amarton@gmail.com wrote:
/cut/

Well good for you,I myself never liked nVidia over ATI and I agree with
everything you said!

But to tell you the truth I don't know who makes AGP X800 cards with
Dual-DVI,I'll have to look that up a bit.All I know is that I saw them
somewhere.