Wireless Server for Printer/Scanner

I want to set up a wireless network that includes 2
printers, one of which is an HP OfficeJet printer/scanner. I
would prefer to connect them with a wireless print server. I
know there are a very few wireless print servers that will
support 2 or more printers, but my concern is whether any of
them will support the scanner function.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has such a
device.

--
Bob D
4 answers Last reply

    "Bob D" <bjdNOSPAMPLZ@evansville.net> wrote in message
    > I want to set up a wireless network that includes 2
    > printers, one of which is an HP OfficeJet printer/scanner.
    > would prefer to connect them with a wireless print server.
    > know there are a very few wireless print servers that will
    > support 2 or more printers, but my concern is whether any
    of
    > them will support the scanner function.

    I doubt very much if your HP's scanner function can be
    shared across the network, either wired or wirelessly.
    Network scanners are currently not cheap ;-) 'twould be far
    cheaper and easier to provide a scanner on each pc that
    needs access to one.

    P.

    I was also thinking of installing a D-Link DP-311P
    Wireless-B print server in my 802.11g WLAN. But I am
    worried that the connection speed of my network will revert
    to 11Mbps. Has anyone tried any of these Wireless Print
    server. I have the Buffalo USB print server (wired) and it
    supports any USB printer you attached to it.

    A wireless router that includes a print server would be a good choice for a
    printer only. As for it also working as a scanner, that can be problematic.
    In such devices that are a combo printer/scanner, you will probably have to
    purchase a printer/scanner server from HP if they have one. I got my HP
    1100A printer/scanner to work with both functions by connecting the 1100 to
    an HP Jet Direct server, which in turn connected to my wireless router - but
    had inconsistent operation with it and finally I got tired of this hit or
    miss situation and just connected the 1100 to one of my computer's parallel
    ports. Then everything (printing and scanning) worked fine - all the time.
    Other computers in my LAN (including wireless ones) are able to access the
    print function of this printer/scanner via sharing.

    "Bob D" <bjdNOSPAMPLZ@evansville.net> wrote in message
    > I want to set up a wireless network that includes 2
    > printers, one of which is an HP OfficeJet printer/scanner. I
    > would prefer to connect them with a wireless print server. I
    > know there are a very few wireless print servers that will
    > support 2 or more printers, but my concern is whether any of
    > them will support the scanner function.
    >
    > I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has such a
    > device.
    >
    > --
    > Bob D

    "Bob D" <bjdNOSPAMPLZ@evansville.net> wrote in message news:<10dbse12rbpne00@corp.supernews.com>...
    > I want to set up a wireless network that includes 2
    > printers, one of which is an HP OfficeJet printer/scanner. I
    > would prefer to connect them with a wireless print server. I
    > know there are a very few wireless print servers that will
    > support 2 or more printers, but my concern is whether any of
    > them will support the scanner function.
    >
    > I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has such a
    > device.

    If you want to try it go ahead but dont count on any technical support
    if the printer is not on the list in ther PDF file. Here is the list:

    Brand Printer's Name
    Brother HL 1260
    CANON S520
    CANON BJC-4300
    CANON BJ-330
    CANON BJ F9000
    CITIZEN GSX-230
    EPSON STYLUS—color670
    EPSON STYLUS C60
    EPSON PM 700C
    EPSON LQ-680
    EPSON LQ-2170C
    EPSON LQ-100 ESC/P2
    EPSON EPL 5800
    FUJITSU DL700
    FUJITSU DL6400 Pro
    FUJITSU DL3400
    HP LaserJet 6P
    HP LaserJet 1200 series
    HP DeskJet 810C
    HP DeskJet 500
    HP DeskJet 400
    HP DeskJet 1220C
    HP DeskJet 1125C
    Panasonic KX-P1121
    STAR NX-2420
    Kyocera FS-1010
    LEXMARK Z43
    NEC PINWRITER P8000C
    NEC PINWRITER P5300
    NEC PINWRITER P2200
    OKI Microline 391 turbo
    Panasonic KX-P1624
    Panasonic KX-P1121
    STAR NX-2420

Wireless Printers Scanners Servers Wireless Networking