  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
June 20, 2004 7:15:36 PM

I want to set up a wireless network that includes 2
printers, one of which is an HP OfficeJet printer/scanner. I
would prefer to connect them with a wireless print server. I
know there are a very few wireless print servers that will
support 2 or more printers, but my concern is whether any of
them will support the scanner function.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has such a
device.

--
Bob D

More about : wireless server printer scanner

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 21, 2004 11:03:55 AM

"Bob D" <bjdNOSPAMPLZ@evansville.net> wrote in message
> I want to set up a wireless network that includes 2
> printers, one of which is an HP OfficeJet printer/scanner.
> would prefer to connect them with a wireless print server.
> know there are a very few wireless print servers that will
> support 2 or more printers, but my concern is whether any
of
> them will support the scanner function.

I doubt very much if your HP's scanner function can be
shared across the network, either wired or wirelessly.
Network scanners are currently not cheap ;-) 'twould be far
cheaper and easier to provide a scanner on each pc that
needs access to one.

P.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 22, 2004 2:26:25 AM

I was also thinking of installing a D-Link DP-311P
Wireless-B print server in my 802.11g WLAN. But I am
worried that the connection speed of my network will revert
to 11Mbps. Has anyone tried any of these Wireless Print
server. I have the Buffalo USB print server (wired) and it
supports any USB printer you attached to it.

Related resources
June 22, 2004 5:06:52 PM

A wireless router that includes a print server would be a good choice for a
printer only. As for it also working as a scanner, that can be problematic.
In such devices that are a combo printer/scanner, you will probably have to
purchase a printer/scanner server from HP if they have one. I got my HP
1100A printer/scanner to work with both functions by connecting the 1100 to
an HP Jet Direct server, which in turn connected to my wireless router - but
had inconsistent operation with it and finally I got tired of this hit or
miss situation and just connected the 1100 to one of my computer's parallel
ports. Then everything (printing and scanning) worked fine - all the time.
Other computers in my LAN (including wireless ones) are able to access the
print function of this printer/scanner via sharing.

"Bob D" <bjdNOSPAMPLZ@evansville.net> wrote in message
> I want to set up a wireless network that includes 2
> printers, one of which is an HP OfficeJet printer/scanner. I
> would prefer to connect them with a wireless print server. I
> know there are a very few wireless print servers that will
> support 2 or more printers, but my concern is whether any of
> them will support the scanner function.
>
> I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has such a
> device.
>
> --
> Bob D

June 26, 2004 12:58:02 AM

"Bob D" <bjdNOSPAMPLZ@evansville.net> wrote in message news:<10dbse12rbpne00@corp.supernews.com>...
> I want to set up a wireless network that includes 2
> printers, one of which is an HP OfficeJet printer/scanner. I
> would prefer to connect them with a wireless print server. I
> know there are a very few wireless print servers that will
> support 2 or more printers, but my concern is whether any of
> them will support the scanner function.
>
> I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has such a
> device.

If you want to try it go ahead but dont count on any technical support
if the printer is not on the list in ther PDF file. Here is the list:

Brand Printer's Name
Brother HL 1260
CANON S520
CANON BJC-4300