ATI 9550 DVI-D output to HDTV?

Hi!

I've got an RCA D52W20 HDTV that has a DVI-D input. I haven't found much as
far as specs for this TV go, other than "1097 lines of horizontal
resolution".

Using a DVI-D single cable I've connected this TV to an HIS Radeon 9550 VIVO
video card - 128bit memory, 256megs. The PC is running Windows XP Pro. I'd
say the latest ATI drivers installed, but I don't see any additional menu's
in the Advanced display settings.

At most resolutions (including the Boot/BIOS screen) I get a LOT of the
screen cut off of the sides. One resolution (something wierd like 1365x768)
I end up with a couple inches of black around the screen with a smaller
desktop in the center.

Obviously my TV is picky about the timing for the DVI signal, but I can't
seem to find a resolution that will properly fit the monitor.

The TV doesn't seem to have any size adjustments in the setup menus. I do
know that there is a maintenance menu, but I've no idea how to find it.

How can I get the screen to display at a proper size in the BIOS, etc.? If
that's not possible what is the optimum settings/timings for the desktop
resolution in Windows?

Anyone have any suggestions?

Ati's support on their HDT V adaptors is abysmal I'm the proud owner of
one, I tied to get my money back from ATI - as the adaptor doesn't
work. But that is not their company policy.. if an ATI product doesn't
work, you're stuck with it.

There's a very good positng in the AVS forum re: Powerstrip and custom
timings for HDTV's - you might want to give that a try.