change the domain name and can't logon (plz, i'm desperate)

First of all, sorry for my english.

I was using my work PC in home, and removed the "domain name" and use
"workgroup" to connect it in my home LAN (yes, that was stupid). The
domain name was "mycompany.com". After uncheck "domain" and check
"workgroup", I reboot and now can't logon with my old user account. I
was able to logon with ADMIN, how can I log on MY account?
I can't put back the domain name there, it gives me someting like
"can't be found a domain controller to domain mycompany.com". Please,
there is a way to connect to my old account? I NEED to work on a
project on this machine, am desperate. If I connect it to my company
network, it will work ok? Monday morning i've to show to some clients a
project on this machine.

PS.: I can't connect to my comapny LAN right now. Have to find another
solution, before monday morning.

--
0bscur3Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

Malke

0bscur3 wrote:

> First of all, sorry for my english.
>
> I was using my work PC in home, and removed the "domain name" and use
> "workgroup" to connect it in my home LAN (yes, that was stupid). The
> domain name was "mycompany.com". After uncheck "domain" and check
> "workgroup", I reboot and now can't logon with my old user account. I
> was able to logon with ADMIN, how can I log on MY account?
> I can't put back the domain name there, it gives me someting like
> "can't be found a domain controller to domain mycompany.com". Please,
> there is a way to connect to my old account? I NEED to work on a
> project on this machine, am desperate. If I connect it to my company
> network, it will work ok? Monday morning i've to show to some clients
> a project on this machine.
>
> PS.: I can't connect to my comapny LAN right now. Have to find another
> solution, before monday morning.

I'm sorry, but the only way you will be able to solve this issue is to
rejoin the machine to the company domain. You will need to contact your
company's IT Dept. for help with this. In the future, here is how to
use your company laptop with your home network:

From MVP Lanwench: Note - you don't need to change to a workgroup just
to access resources on it. You shouldn't play with your laptop's
network settings at all. Once you've logged in using your domain
account (using cached credentials), and have an IP address on the home
network, you can map drives, use printers, whatnot, very easily - one
way, in a command line:

net use x: \\computername\sharename /user:computername\username <enter>

MS KB article about the Net Use command - http://tinyurl.com/3bpnj

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

0bscur3 wrote:
> First of all, sorry for my english.
>
> I was using my work PC in home, and removed the "domain name" and use
> "workgroup" to connect it in my home LAN (yes, that was stupid). The
> domain name was "mycompany.com". After uncheck "domain" and check
> "workgroup", I reboot and now can't logon with my old user account. I
> was able to logon with ADMIN, how can I log on MY account?
> I can't put back the domain name there, it gives me someting like
> "can't be found a domain controller to domain mycompany.com". Please,
> there is a way to connect to my old account? I NEED to work on a
> project on this machine, am desperate. If I connect it to my company
> network, it will work ok? Monday morning i've to show to some clients a
> project on this machine.

By changing the computer from the domain to a workgroup, you have
destroyed the trust between the domain and the machine. In doing so,
you have also rendered any domain login credentials as invalid. You
need to be physically connected to the domain network, you need to have
administrative privileges to the workstation, and you need to have
administrative privileges on the domain. Then you can add the machine
back on to the domain, after having first deleted the computer's old
domain account (unless you've also renamed the computer).

> PS.: I can't connect to my comapny LAN right now. Have to find another
> solution, before monday morning.

If you don't know the password to the local Administrator account, than
you have no choice but to wait till Monday, unless your employer's IT
department has someone on call.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

0bscur3 wrote:
> First of all, sorry for my english.
>
> I was using my work PC in home, and removed the "domain
> name" and use "workgroup" to connect it in my home LAN (yes,
> that was stupid). The domain name was "mycompany.com". After
> uncheck "domain" and check "workgroup", I reboot and now
> can't logon with my old user account. I was able to logon
> with ADMIN, how can I log on MY account?
> I can't put back the domain name there, it gives me someting
> like "can't be found a domain controller to domain
> mycompany.com". Please, there is a way to connect to my old
> account? I NEED to work on a project on this machine, am
> desperate. If I connect it to my company network, it will
> work ok? Monday morning i've to show to some clients a
> project on this machine.
>
> PS.: I can't connect to my comapny LAN right now. Have to
> find another solution, before monday morning.

Don't know if this will work for you but another poster was
able to fix this same problem using System Restore:

Take a look here for the discussion
http://tinyurl.com/d2yos

Since you're desperate you might want to try logging on with
the admin account and run System Restore.

Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools ->
System Restore.
Select "Restore my computer to an earlier time".
Pick the nearest point on the calendar before you made these
changes

Good luck

Nepatsfan