change the domain name and can't logon (plz, i'm desperate)

First of all, sorry for my english.

I was using my work PC in home, and removed the "domain name" and use
"workgroup" to connect it in my home LAN (yes, that was stupid). The
domain name was "mycompany.com". After uncheck "domain" and check
"workgroup", I reboot and now can't logon with my old user account. I
was able to logon with ADMIN, how can I log on MY account?
I can't put back the domain name there, it gives me someting like
"can't be found a domain controller to domain mycompany.com". Please,
there is a way to connect to my old account? I NEED to work on a
project on this machine, am desperate. If I connect it to my company
network, it will work ok? Monday morning i've to show to some clients a
project on this machine.

PS.: I can't connect to my comapny LAN right now. Have to find another
solution, before monday morning.

--
0bscur3Posted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access
3 answers Last reply

    0bscur3 wrote:

    > First of all, sorry for my english.
    >
    > I was using my work PC in home, and removed the "domain name" and use
    > "workgroup" to connect it in my home LAN (yes, that was stupid). The
    > domain name was "mycompany.com". After uncheck "domain" and check
    > "workgroup", I reboot and now can't logon with my old user account. I
    > was able to logon with ADMIN, how can I log on MY account?
    > I can't put back the domain name there, it gives me someting like
    > "can't be found a domain controller to domain mycompany.com". Please,
    > there is a way to connect to my old account? I NEED to work on a
    > project on this machine, am desperate. If I connect it to my company
    > network, it will work ok? Monday morning i've to show to some clients
    > a project on this machine.
    >
    > PS.: I can't connect to my comapny LAN right now. Have to find another
    > solution, before monday morning.

    I'm sorry, but the only way you will be able to solve this issue is to
    rejoin the machine to the company domain. You will need to contact your
    company's IT Dept. for help with this. In the future, here is how to
    use your company laptop with your home network:

    From MVP Lanwench: Note - you don't need to change to a workgroup just
    to access resources on it. You shouldn't play with your laptop's
    network settings at all. Once you've logged in using your domain
    account (using cached credentials), and have an IP address on the home
    network, you can map drives, use printers, whatnot, very easily - one
    way, in a command line:

    net use x: \\computername\sharename /user:computername\username <enter>

    MS KB article about the Net Use command - http://tinyurl.com/3bpnj

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    0bscur3 wrote:
    > First of all, sorry for my english.
    >
    > I was using my work PC in home, and removed the "domain name" and use
    > "workgroup" to connect it in my home LAN (yes, that was stupid). The
    > domain name was "mycompany.com". After uncheck "domain" and check
    > "workgroup", I reboot and now can't logon with my old user account. I
    > was able to logon with ADMIN, how can I log on MY account?
    > I can't put back the domain name there, it gives me someting like
    > "can't be found a domain controller to domain mycompany.com". Please,
    > there is a way to connect to my old account? I NEED to work on a
    > project on this machine, am desperate. If I connect it to my company
    > network, it will work ok? Monday morning i've to show to some clients a
    > project on this machine.

    By changing the computer from the domain to a workgroup, you have
    destroyed the trust between the domain and the machine. In doing so,
    you have also rendered any domain login credentials as invalid. You
    need to be physically connected to the domain network, you need to have
    administrative privileges to the workstation, and you need to have
    administrative privileges on the domain. Then you can add the machine
    back on to the domain, after having first deleted the computer's old
    domain account (unless you've also renamed the computer).

    > PS.: I can't connect to my comapny LAN right now. Have to find another
    > solution, before monday morning.

    If you don't know the password to the local Administrator account, than
    you have no choice but to wait till Monday, unless your employer's IT
    department has someone on call.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    0bscur3 wrote:
    > First of all, sorry for my english.
    >
    > I was using my work PC in home, and removed the "domain
    > name" and use "workgroup" to connect it in my home LAN (yes,
    > that was stupid). The domain name was "mycompany.com". After
    > uncheck "domain" and check "workgroup", I reboot and now
    > can't logon with my old user account. I was able to logon
    > with ADMIN, how can I log on MY account?
    > I can't put back the domain name there, it gives me someting
    > like "can't be found a domain controller to domain
    > mycompany.com". Please, there is a way to connect to my old
    > account? I NEED to work on a project on this machine, am
    > desperate. If I connect it to my company network, it will
    > work ok? Monday morning i've to show to some clients a
    > project on this machine.
    >
    > PS.: I can't connect to my comapny LAN right now. Have to
    > find another solution, before monday morning.

    Don't know if this will work for you but another poster was
    able to fix this same problem using System Restore:

    Take a look here for the discussion
    http://tinyurl.com/d2yos

    Since you're desperate you might want to try logging on with
    the admin account and run System Restore.

    Go to Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools ->
    System Restore.
    Select "Restore my computer to an earlier time".
    Pick the nearest point on the calendar before you made these
    changes

    Good luck

    Nepatsfan

Connection Domain Name Windows XP