color transitions too sharp

My main desktop has a Raedon 9700 Pro. I'm transitioning to Win64 with an
X800XT and I've got the same problem on both machines. When I'm displaying
or working with photographs; especially skin tones, the color transitions
are too sharp.

How do I set the card to "smooth" shadings?

Thanks

DonW

Andrew

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 12:31:45 GMT, "Donald Wilkinson" <donw@fyi.net>
wrote:

>My main desktop has a Raedon 9700 Pro. I'm transitioning to Win64 with an
>X800XT and I've got the same problem on both machines. When I'm displaying
>or working with photographs; especially skin tones, the color transitions
>are too sharp.

Is your desktop in 32bit colour mode?

Yup-! they both are.

DonW