tracking user activities

How can you track or see who last made changes on a file or in this case a
database? The database name was changed. It tells me when it was modified
only. I know who had admin permissions but I need to trace who made the
actual change. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about tracking user activities

    How To Audit User Access of Files, Folders, and Printers in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310399&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Syl" wrote:

    | How can you track or see who last made changes on a file or in this case a
    | database? The database name was changed. It tells me when it was modified
    | only. I know who had admin permissions but I need to trace who made the
    | actual change. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks.

    Thank you Carey,

    I will check to see if that is already configured at work. I will look into
    how to actually see who made the changes once or if it is configured.

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > How To Audit User Access of Files, Folders, and Printers in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310399&Product=winxp
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Syl" wrote:
    >
    > | How can you track or see who last made changes on a file or in this case a
    > | database? The database name was changed. It tells me when it was modified
    > | only. I know who had admin permissions but I need to trace who made the
    > | actual change. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks.

Database Windows XP