Another Loosing Wireless Connection problem

Hi,

I've recently changed my wired network to a wireless solution. I
bought only DLINK equipment: 1 x AP DWL-2000AP+, 4 x DWL-G520+, 2 x
DWL-G650+. All 54Mb.

I have a Windows 2000 Network:
- All PCs wireless connected to AP
- 2000 Server connected to a switch
- Switch connected to Router ADSL

WAP Off, WEP Off, 54Mb speed. Signal between 80 and 90%. All the
equipment is in a small room, no interferences.

If i use only internet access on the pcs, the wireless connection
works ok.
But if I try to use windows networks services (windows shares, file
copying, printing, etc.) I loose connection after awhile.
When I try to copy a file from a wireless PC to another, after a
while, they loose connection, and the copy gives an error. The network
adapter looses the connection to the AP.

It seems that when I use full wireless bandwidth, the wireless network
isn't capable of handling such data. Or maybe it's a problem with
Windows 2000 implementation or Dlink drivers...

Ping times are all <10ms when I have a connection.
Even tried to use 11Mb and 22Mb but the problems remain the same.
I also change the AP to a 11Mb USR Router... and the problems remain.

Has anyone ever had this problems and did you solve it?

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Pedro Alves

Managed to find the answer myself.
Maybe it will help someone since I didn't get any luck here.

To solve the frequently wireless disconnects, I installed the latest
US Robotics drivers for my DLink equipment. I've found this tip in a
forum.
After installation, you have to force the DLink hardware to use the
USR driver.

Then, it works ok. The wireless lan is faster and stable... and more
important, the frequently disconnects were GONE!!!!

DLINK, Shame on you!!! Had to use other manufacturer drivers to be
able to use DLink's hardware.

Hope it helps someone.

Pedro Alves

Lars

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2003

Dear Pedro!

I've been REALY looking for an answer to the same problem as the one
you had. Could you just tell me where you found the USR driver, and
wich driver to get (for the dwl-g520+ pci card)?

Lars!