This version expires... contact Microsoft

All right, so my bta version expires on July 31. The message suggest I
contact Microsoft. So where do I go? Is there going to be a fee, I assume
so but I can't find any information about it. Anybody found the upgrade yet?
3 answers Last reply
More about this version expires contact microsoft

    Welcome to Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Newsgroups
    http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Alan wrote:
    > All right, so my bta version expires on July 31. The message suggest
    > I contact Microsoft. So where do I go? Is there going to be a fee,
    > I assume so but I can't find any information about it. Anybody found
    > the upgrade yet?

    Even through you didn't mention it I take it that you are talking about the
    Anti-spyware program?
    It is supposed to be out of Beta around that time and replaced with a newer
    version of the program but give it alittle more time don't expect this to be
    out on 8/1/05, M/S will continue to provide the program for free when it
    does come out.

    --
    Mike Pawlak

    Alan wrote:
    > All right, so my bta version expires on July 31. The message suggest
    > I contact Microsoft. So where do I go? Is there going to be a fee,
    > I assume so but I can't find any information about it. Anybody found
    > the upgrade yet?

    Right - nice mention of specifics.
    Assuming we will know did pay off this time, however. Most of the frequent
    responders here will know you mean the Microsoft AntiSpyware BETA.

    Personally - unless it improves - I would uninstall it now and install
    Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE 1.06, Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4, SpywareBlaster 3.4
    and IE-SpyAd and maintain those instead. I have not yet been impressed with
    much about the MS AntiSpyware. Yeah - I ooo'd and ahhh'd at first, but it
    didn't prove itself anymore effectual than the rest and I was still using it
    along with the rest.

    Perhaps - when the BETA is over - the MS AS will have improved greatly and
    it's pretty interface and active AntiSpyware action will win myself over,
    but until then - I'll continue to do what works. =)

    The actual answer would be that when the Beta is over, you can check the
    location from which you originally got it and it will lead you to what you
    need to know. Until then, anything else would be blowing smoke..

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

Security Microsoft Windows XP