This version expires... contact Microsoft

Alan

All right, so my bta version expires on July 31. The message suggest I
contact Microsoft. So where do I go? Is there going to be a fee, I assume
so but I can't find any information about it. Anybody found the upgrade yet?

Welcome to Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) Newsgroups
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=spyware&sLCID=us

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Alan" wrote:

| All right, so my bta version expires on July 31. The message suggest I
| contact Microsoft. So where do I go? Is there going to be a fee, I assume
| so but I can't find any information about it. Anybody found the upgrade yet?

map

Alan wrote:
> All right, so my bta version expires on July 31. The message suggest
> I contact Microsoft. So where do I go? Is there going to be a fee,
> I assume so but I can't find any information about it. Anybody found
> the upgrade yet?

Even through you didn't mention it I take it that you are talking about the
Anti-spyware program?
It is supposed to be out of Beta around that time and replaced with a newer
version of the program but give it alittle more time don't expect this to be
out on 8/1/05, M/S will continue to provide the program for free when it
does come out.

--
Mike Pawlak

Alan wrote:
> All right, so my bta version expires on July 31. The message suggest
> I contact Microsoft. So where do I go? Is there going to be a fee,
> I assume so but I can't find any information about it. Anybody found
> the upgrade yet?

Right - nice mention of specifics.
Assuming we will know did pay off this time, however. Most of the frequent
responders here will know you mean the Microsoft AntiSpyware BETA.

Personally - unless it improves - I would uninstall it now and install
Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE 1.06, Spybot Search and Destroy 1.4, SpywareBlaster 3.4
and IE-SpyAd and maintain those instead. I have not yet been impressed with
much about the MS AntiSpyware. Yeah - I ooo'd and ahhh'd at first, but it
didn't prove itself anymore effectual than the rest and I was still using it
along with the rest.

Perhaps - when the BETA is over - the MS AS will have improved greatly and
it's pretty interface and active AntiSpyware action will win myself over,
but until then - I'll continue to do what works. =)

The actual answer would be that when the Beta is over, you can check the
location from which you originally got it and it will lead you to what you
need to know. Until then, anything else would be blowing smoke..

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

TRENDING THREADS