hl2: Steam now asks for my password - what gives?

Been using hl2 almost daily for about a month, and now
today it starts asking for my password?

Seems like I remember there is a virus that hijacks users
accounts for certain games. Is hl2 having this kind of
problem? If so, should I just reinstall hl2?
2 answers Last reply
More about steam asks password gives

    <Hanging.out@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Been using hl2 almost daily for about a month, and now
    > today it starts asking for my password?
    >
    > Seems like I remember there is a virus that hijacks users
    > accounts for certain games. Is hl2 having this kind of
    > problem? If so, should I just reinstall hl2?

    Same here.. Password prompt on first load.

    <Hanging.out@aol.com> wrote in message
    > Been using hl2 almost daily for about a month, and now
    > today it starts asking for my password?
    >
    > Seems like I remember there is a virus that hijacks users
    > accounts for certain games. Is hl2 having this kind of
    > problem? If so, should I just reinstall hl2?

    Mine did this the other day!

    --
    Cheers

    Kev