hl2: Steam now asks for my password - what gives?

Last response: in Video Games
February 1, 2005 4:44:24 PM

Been using hl2 almost daily for about a month, and now
today it starts asking for my password?

Seems like I remember there is a virus that hijacks users
accounts for certain games. Is hl2 having this kind of
problem? If so, should I just reinstall hl2?

More about : hl2 steam asks password

Anonymous
February 1, 2005 11:42:16 PM

<Hanging.out@aol.com> wrote in message
> Been using hl2 almost daily for about a month, and now
> today it starts asking for my password?
>
> Seems like I remember there is a virus that hijacks users
> accounts for certain games. Is hl2 having this kind of
> problem? If so, should I just reinstall hl2?

Same here.. Password prompt on first load.
Anonymous
February 1, 2005 11:58:25 PM

<Hanging.out@aol.com> wrote in message
> Been using hl2 almost daily for about a month, and now
> today it starts asking for my password?
>
> Seems like I remember there is a virus that hijacks users
> accounts for certain games. Is hl2 having this kind of
> problem? If so, should I just reinstall hl2?

Mine did this the other day!

--
Cheers

Kev