Trojan/worm infection

Hi. Can anyone help me with removing a trojan/worm infection from my
computer? I am running MS XP Home. The message I receive references the
following file:

Win32.Mytob.EL!.zip and then gives the location of the file and identifies
it as a Trojan/worm Infection

I "contracted" this nasty thing from a helicopter game
attachment...SURPRISE, SURPRISE! I've learned my lesson and really need help
with killing this thing...
3 answers Last reply
More about trojan worm infection

    In news:F3D0D6B7-9A4A-4C24-A494-82F2C33D4CCE@microsoft.com,
    theresawood(removethis)@direcway.com
    <theresawood(removethis)@direcway.com@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to
    say:

    > Hi. Can anyone help me with removing a trojan/worm infection from my
    > computer? I am running MS XP Home. The message I receive references
    > the following file:
    >
    > Win32.Mytob.EL!.zip and then gives the location of the file and
    > identifies it as a Trojan/worm Infection
    >
    > I "contracted" this nasty thing from a helicopter game
    > attachment...SURPRISE, SURPRISE! I've learned my lesson and really
    > need help with killing this thing...

    Try your scans in safe mode. Make sure you've updated your definitions for
    your current anti-virus software. Alternatively look here:

    Malware Cleaning :
    http://www.kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    theresawood (removethis) @direcway.com wrote:
    > Hi. Can anyone help me with removing a trojan/worm infection from my
    > computer? I am running MS XP Home. The message I receive references
    > the following file:
    >
    > Win32.Mytob.EL!.zip and then gives the location of the file and
    > identifies it as a Trojan/worm Infection
    >
    > I "contracted" this nasty thing from a helicopter game
    > attachment...SURPRISE, SURPRISE! I've learned my lesson and really
    > need help with killing this thing...

    Win32.Mytob.EL!.zip and then gives the location of the file and identifies
    it as a Trojan/worm Infection

    Go to the location it gives you then delete it and run another scan.
    --
    Mike Pawlak

    From: "theresawood (removethis) @direcway.com"
    <theresawood(removethis)@direcway.com@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | Hi. Can anyone help me with removing a trojan/worm infection from my
    | computer? I am running MS XP Home. The message I receive references the
    | following file:
    |
    | Win32.Mytob.EL!.zip and then gives the location of the file and identifies
    | it as a Trojan/worm Infection
    |
    | I "contracted" this nasty thing from a helicopter game
    | attachment...SURPRISE, SURPRISE! I've learned my lesson and really need help
    | with killing this thing...

    Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)
    Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Delete Files

    Dump the contents of the Mozilla FireFox Cache { if you use FireFox }
    Tools --> Options --> Privacy --> Cache --> Clear

    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

    http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } two batch files, four Kixtart scripts, one Link
    (.LNK) file, this PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
    simplify the process of using up to 3 different Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to remove
    viruses and various other malware.

    way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
    On Win9x/ME the choices are; Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC
    On NT4, Win2k, WinXP and Win2003 Server the choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the
    menu and Reboot the PC.

    file.

    Choose; Unzip
    Choose; Close

    Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

    NOTE: You may have to disable your software FireWall or allow WGET.EXE and/or FTP.EXE to go
    through your FireWall to allow them to download the needed AV vendor related files.

    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Trojan Worm Windows XP