More about virus removed computer right

    From: "NearlyheadlessNick" <NearlyheadlessNick@discussions.microsoft.com>

    | I recently signed on to a friends network to help him with some info. I
    | picked up a virus some of his files. I removed them with Norton, however my
    | computer now just doesn't seem to operate correctly. For example many times
    | when I use the internet I will try to start a program(example the rosetta
    | stone language course) it seems to overload my router because I have to go
    | unplug and replug in my router.
    | Then reconnect to the internet. It never did this before. Thanks in
    | advance for any suggestions.

    Dump the contents of the IE Temporary Internet Folder cache (TIF)
    Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Delete Files

    Dump the contents of the Mozilla FireFox Cache { if you use FireFox }
    Tools --> Options --> Privacy --> Cache --> Clear

    Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

    http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } two batch files, four Kixtart scripts, one Link
    (.LNK) file, this PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
    simplify the process of using up to 3 different Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to remove
    viruses and various other malware.

    way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
    On Win9x/ME the choices are; Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC
    On NT4, Win2k, WinXP and Win2003 Server the choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the
    menu and Reboot the PC.

    file.

    Choose; Unzip
    Choose; Close

    Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

    NOTE: You may have to disable your software FireWall or allow WGET.EXE and/or FTP.EXE to go
    through your FireWall to allow them to download the needed AV vendor related files.

    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Virus Computers Windows XP