ATI Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Review

sleepy

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2001

"Tony DiMarzio" <djtone81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=article&dId=746

If that huge performance drop in HL2 is experienced by everyone
and not just a cock-up by the reviewers then ATI have screwed up big time
again. Not that I care about HL2 but its negligent not to test new drivers
on current popular games before releasing them.

"de Moni" <demonimummFILTER@mail.com> wrote in message
> "Tony DiMarzio" <djtone81@hotmail.com> wrote
>> http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=article&dId=746
>
> After installing 5.2's Doom3 started to do this:
> Game got slower and slower until it was a freakin' slide
> show and finally just stopped so that only thing I could
> do was push reset button. 9600pro and no problems
> with 5.1's.

For me Doom3 plays just fine (9600 Pro 256MB) BUT since I have 5.2 installed
I get twice a day a "serious system error caused by a device
driver..transmitting error report to MS" - the ATi janitors are on it again.
Looks like I have to clean install in the near future.

"Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message

> "Tony DiMarzio" <djtone81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=article&dId=746
>
> If that huge performance drop in HL2 is experienced by everyone
> and not just a cock-up by the reviewers then ATI have screwed up big time
> again. Not that I care about HL2 but its negligent not to test new drivers
> on current popular games before releasing them.

"negligent"? Unbelievable more like.

--
Derek

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:48:45 -0000, "Derek Baker"
<me@xyzderekbaker.eclipse.co.uk> waffled on about something:

>"Sleepy" <nospam@here.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Tony DiMarzio" <djtone81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> http://www.tweaktown.com/document.php?dType=article&dId=746
>>
>> If that huge performance drop in HL2 is experienced by everyone
>> and not just a cock-up by the reviewers then ATI have screwed up big time
>> again. Not that I care about HL2 but its negligent not to test new drivers
>> on current popular games before releasing them.
>>

>"negligent"? Unbelievable more like.

I believe... It is ATI after all!

D0d6y.
--