computer administrator

my boyfriend accidently deleted me as the computer administrator so now we
only have a limited user account. We can't access any files on other drives
and cannot add an administrator account. Can anyone please help us fix this
problem?
3 answers Last reply
More about computer administrator

    * frustrated! <frustrated!@discussions.microsoft.com>:
    > my boyfriend accidently deleted me as the computer administrator so now we
    > only have a limited user account. We can't access any files on other drives
    > and cannot add an administrator account. Can anyone please help us fix this
    > problem?

    Ask your boyfriend to readd you to the local admins group. In any case
    he did a good thing, you as in everyone not you specifically, don't need
    to be and shouldn't be running as an administrator anyhow.

    Jason

    frustrated! wrote:

    > my boyfriend accidently deleted me as the computer administrator so now we
    > only have a limited user account. We can't access any files on other drives
    > and cannot add an administrator account. Can anyone please help us fix this
    > problem?
    Hi,

    Log on with the builtin Administrator user:

    How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    Password Expires
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

    If you have a password issue, you might try to reset the local
    Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
    (you might need to create the boot cd/floppy on another computer):

    http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

    frustrated! wrote:
    > my boyfriend accidently deleted me as the computer administrator so now we
    > only have a limited user account. We can't access any files on other drives
    > and cannot add an administrator account. Can anyone please help us fix this
    > problem?

    Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
    cannot be deleted) and modify the desired account(s). By design, the
    only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home is to
    reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at
    the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH