computer administrator

a b 8 Security
June 14, 2005 5:43:01 AM

my boyfriend accidently deleted me as the computer administrator so now we
only have a limited user account. We can't access any files on other drives
and cannot add an administrator account. Can anyone please help us fix this
problem?

More about : computer administrator

June 14, 2005 10:54:33 AM

* frustrated! <frustrated!@discussions.microsoft.com>:
> my boyfriend accidently deleted me as the computer administrator so now we
> only have a limited user account. We can't access any files on other drives
> and cannot add an administrator account. Can anyone please help us fix this
> problem?

Ask your boyfriend to readd you to the local admins group. In any case
he did a good thing, you as in everyone not you specifically, don't need
to be and shouldn't be running as an administrator anyhow.

Jason
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 14, 2005 9:09:37 PM

frustrated! wrote:

> my boyfriend accidently deleted me as the computer administrator so now we
> only have a limited user account. We can't access any files on other drives
> and cannot add an administrator account. Can anyone please help us fix this
> problem?
Hi,

Log on with the builtin Administrator user:

How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
Password Expires
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

If you have a password issue, you might try to reset the local
Administrator password with one of the methods mentioned here
(you might need to create the boot cd/floppy on another computer):

http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.ht...

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
a b 8 Security
June 14, 2005 11:20:38 PM

frustrated! wrote:
> my boyfriend accidently deleted me as the computer administrator so now we
> only have a limited user account. We can't access any files on other drives
> and cannot add an administrator account. Can anyone please help us fix this
> problem?

Simply log in using the built-in Administrator account (which
cannot be deleted) and modify the desired account(s). By design, the
only way to log into the Administrator account of WinXP Home is to
reboot into Safe Mode. For WinXP Pro, pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL twice at
the Welcome Screen will produce the standard login dialog box.

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH