Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

security centre

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 15, 2005 2:16:27 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

When I go to Control Panel/Security Centre, I get a message tellign that me
that Security Centre 'failed to start or was stopped'. I can however check
the firewall settings and turn it on or off. How can I make sure that SC
starts on startup please?

I was thinking that since SC was installed with SP2, might it work to
uninstall SP2 and reinstall it? I seem to have that optionin Add/Remove
Programs.
Thanks
Jeff

More about : security centre

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 15, 2005 2:16:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

Make sure that the Security Center service is set to Automatic and started.

Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
Scroll down to and double click Security Center

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:D K2dnQlMFZN1bDLfRVnyjg@eclipse.net.uk,
Jeff <no_em@ilplea.se> hunted and pecked:
> When I go to Control Panel/Security Centre, I get a message tellign that
> me that Security Centre 'failed to start or was stopped'. I can however
> check the firewall settings and turn it on or off. How can I make sure
> that SC starts on startup please?
>
> I was thinking that since SC was installed with SP2, might it work to
> uninstall SP2 and reinstall it? I seem to have that optionin Add/Remove
> Programs.
> Thanks
> Jeff
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 9, 2005 2:17:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Make sure that the Security Center service is set to Automatic and started.
>
> Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
> Scroll down to and double click Security Center
>
> -- Wesley:

Thank you. Your answer had replicate value. I used it and it worked.
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:D K2dnQlMFZN1bDLfRVnyjg@eclipse.net.uk,
> Jeff <no_em@ilplea.se> hunted and pecked:
> > When I go to Control Panel/Security Centre, I get a message tellign that
> > me that Security Centre 'failed to start or was stopped'. I can however
> > check the firewall settings and turn it on or off. How can I make sure
> > that SC starts on startup please?
> >
> > I was thinking that since SC was installed with SP2, might it work to
> > uninstall SP2 and reinstall it? I seem to have that optionin Add/Remove
> > Programs.
> > Thanks
> > Jeff
>
!