security centre

When I go to Control Panel/Security Centre, I get a message tellign that me
that Security Centre 'failed to start or was stopped'. I can however check
the firewall settings and turn it on or off. How can I make sure that SC
starts on startup please?

I was thinking that since SC was installed with SP2, might it work to
uninstall SP2 and reinstall it? I seem to have that optionin Add/Remove
Programs.
Thanks
Jeff
2 answers Last reply
More about security centre

    Make sure that the Security Center service is set to Automatic and started.

    Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
    Scroll down to and double click Security Center

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:DK2dnQlMFZN1bDLfRVnyjg@eclipse.net.uk,
    Jeff <no_em@ilplea.se> hunted and pecked:

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Make sure that the Security Center service is set to Automatic and started.
    >
    > Start | Run | Type: services.msc | Click OK |
    > Scroll down to and double click Security Center
    >
    > -- Wesley:

    Thank you. Your answer had replicate value. I used it and it worked.
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:DK2dnQlMFZN1bDLfRVnyjg@eclipse.net.uk,
    > Jeff <no_em@ilplea.se> hunted and pecked:
    > > When I go to Control Panel/Security Centre, I get a message tellign that
    > > me that Security Centre 'failed to start or was stopped'. I can however
    > > check the firewall settings and turn it on or off. How can I make sure
    > > that SC starts on startup please?
    > >
    > > I was thinking that since SC was installed with SP2, might it work to
    > > uninstall SP2 and reinstall it? I seem to have that optionin Add/Remove
    > > Programs.
    > > Thanks
    > > Jeff

Control Panel Security Microsoft Windows XP