  • Data Recovery
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
May 2, 2004 9:50:21 PM

Hi

Just spent a week on holiday with my first digital camera and took loads of
fanttastic pictures which I desperately want to recover..

However, the compact flash memory card was accidentially formatted (far too
easy to do on this camera in my opinion). The card was new and not
previously used. I have also not used the camera since the format.

I am hoping someone out there can tell me how I may recover the images off
this card. I feel reasonably certain that the data is there, but just the
index to the images has been wiped or just flagged as wiped as a full format
would've taken some time which wasn't the case.

Can anyone please help?

--
Regards

Steve

More about : card image recovery needed

Anonymous
May 2, 2004 10:21:23 PM

"Steve Morris" <Stephen.Morris@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Just spent a week on holiday with my first digital camera and took loads
of
> fanttastic pictures which I desperately want to recover..
>
> However, the compact flash memory card was accidentially formatted (far
too
> easy to do on this camera in my opinion). The card was new and not
> previously used. I have also not used the camera since the format.
>
> I am hoping someone out there can tell me how I may recover the images off
> this card. I feel reasonably certain that the data is there, but just the
> index to the images has been wiped or just flagged as wiped as a full
format
> would've taken some time which wasn't the case.
>
> Can anyone please help?
>

> --
> Regards
>
> Steve

Try this:
Not free to use, but will tell if possible to recover.
http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

Hi

Firstly, thanks for replying so quickly.

Well, for some reason when my camera is connected to my PC the CF card is
not shown as a drive at all - and never has. I've just used the software
provided with the camera to download images held on the CF card, so all the
solutions provided will not seem to work.

This may or may not be relavant, but I use a Windows 98SE PC.

Should the CF card contained within the camera be seen by the OS as a hard
drive once connected via the USB cable? If so, I am puzzled why I can
download images at all.

Any firther advice is greatly appreciated.

--
Regards

Steve
"CSM1" <nomoremail@nomail.com> wrote in message
news:D _alc.23678$HF1.6672@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com...
> "Steve Morris" <Stephen.Morris@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > Just spent a week on holiday with my first digital camera and took loads
> of
> > fanttastic pictures which I desperately want to recover..
> >
> > However, the compact flash memory card was accidentially formatted (far
> too
> > easy to do on this camera in my opinion). The card was new and not
> > previously used. I have also not used the camera since the format.
> >
> > I am hoping someone out there can tell me how I may recover the images
off
> > this card. I feel reasonably certain that the data is there, but just
the
> > index to the images has been wiped or just flagged as wiped as a full
> format
> > would've taken some time which wasn't the case.
> >
> > Can anyone please help?
> >

> > --
> > Regards
> >
> > Steve
> >

> Try this:
> Not free to use, but will tell if possible to recover.
> http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/
>
> --
> CSM1
> http://www.carlmcmillan.com

May 3, 2004 4:00:49 AM

On Sun, 2 May 2004 17:50:21 +0100, "Steve Morris" wrote:

>Just spent a week on holiday with my first digital camera and took loads of
>fanttastic pictures which I desperately want to recover..
>
>However, the compact flash memory card was accidentially formatted (far too
>easy to do on this camera in my opinion). The card was new and not
>previously used. I have also not used the camera since the format.
>
>I am hoping someone out there can tell me how I may recover the images off
>this card. I feel reasonably certain that the data is there, but just the
>index to the images has been wiped or just flagged as wiped as a full format
>would've taken some time which wasn't the case.

Get Kurt Stege jpegdump and a cf card reader. the program is very
easy and straightforward - just 2 lines to enter into the command
line with the correct parameters...

Or if you're not cool with command line, try PC INSPECTOR smart
recovery:
http://www.pcinspector.de/smart_media_recovery/uk/welco...
July 31, 2012 9:42:10 AM

Hey, you can use Card Data Recovery. It is the professional memory card data recovery program that can help you recover photos, video, audio and documents from various memory card including SD card, CF card, miniSD card, micro SD card, etc.

!