Sound problem while playing games

Hey everyone, I've been using these forums for help for years now and finally made an account because I couldn't really find anything anywhere else. I just built a new computer the other day. I've got everything up and running great with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. My problem comes while playing games and is related to sound. I also had this problem with Windows XP on my old PC, and have tried multiple sound cards, so now that that's out of the way, here's my issue:

While playing games, the sound is really messed up. For instance, I will be looking directly at a character who is speaking to me, but their voice is extremely quiet, OR when i look a little to the left, the voice will be very quiet and only come out of the right speaker, and vice versa for looking to the right. And if I were to face the opposite direction of a character, I would hear no voice at all. Another example is when I was just playing Bioshock 2, the sounds come in fine, but when I jump, there is no sound of my feet landing, and there are no sounds of me walking at all. I hope this is descriptive enough. I'm currently not using a sound card and have all 5 channels plugged into my Asus P6TD (with up to date audio drivers) motherboard. If you need any more information, please let me know, I'll be monitoring the thread.

Thanks,

Bob
1 answer Last reply
More about sound problem playing games
  1. Anyone?
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Windows 7