Sign in with
Your question

Sound problem while playing games

Last response: in Windows 7
December 10, 2010 7:59:22 PM

Hey everyone, I've been using these forums for help for years now and finally made an account because I couldn't really find anything anywhere else. I just built a new computer the other day. I've got everything up and running great with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. My problem comes while playing games and is related to sound. I also had this problem with Windows XP on my old PC, and have tried multiple sound cards, so now that that's out of the way, here's my issue:

While playing games, the sound is really messed up. For instance, I will be looking directly at a character who is speaking to me, but their voice is extremely quiet, OR when i look a little to the left, the voice will be very quiet and only come out of the right speaker, and vice versa for looking to the right. And if I were to face the opposite direction of a character, I would hear no voice at all. Another example is when I was just playing Bioshock 2, the sounds come in fine, but when I jump, there is no sound of my feet landing, and there are no sounds of me walking at all. I hope this is descriptive enough. I'm currently not using a sound card and have all 5 channels plugged into my Asus P6TD (with up to date audio drivers) motherboard. If you need any more information, please let me know, I'll be monitoring the thread.

Thanks,

Bob
December 10, 2010 10:27:46 PM

Anyone?
m
l
!