Re-Activation?

My XP has apparently locked all users out because it doesn't show that my XP
has been activated. How can I get from this point (where the system asks for
a log-in and then logs users off and returns to the log-in screen???

HELP ME!!

"Stuck In Central CA" <StuckInCentralCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:EC717162-6443-4E25-8FB1-B4D768FE1BB2@microsoft.com...
> My XP has apparently locked all users out because it doesn't show that my
> XP
> has been activated. How can I get from this point (where the system asks
> for
> a log-in and then logs users off and returns to the log-in screen???

Restart the machine in safe mode and then activate.
Is there any reason you have waited for days and let the activation limit
expire ?

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" wrote:

> Is there any reason you have waited for days and let the activation limit
> expire ?

It wasn't intentional. When I would log onto Windows, I would be taken to my
desktop, where a pop-up would come up stating that I had x amount of days to
activate and would ask "Do you wish to activate now?" and I would select
"yes"...... Then another pop-up would open and would say "Your Windows
product is already activated" - I'd click 'OK' and everything was fine. How
was I to know that it really wasn't??

Stuck In Central CA" <StuckInCentralCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:AA3CCD2C-C07C-46F7-93F0-003B6564653A@microsoft.com...> "Mike
Brannigan [MSFT]" wrote:

>> Is there any reason you have waited for days and let the activation limit
>> expire ?
>
> It wasn't intentional. When I would log onto Windows, I would be taken to
> my
> desktop, where a pop-up would come up stating that I had x amount of days
> activate and would ask "Do you wish to activate now?" and I would select
> "yes"...... Then another pop-up would open and would say "Your Windows
> product is already activated" - I'd click 'OK' and everything was fine.
> How
> was I to know that it really wasn't??

OK, but if you see this message for more then one day then you have a
problem.
So even using the safe mode activation may not work.

--

Regards,

Mike
--