SPC

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2004

I'm trying to set up a home network over bluetooth between a desktop PC and
a laptop. Mainly this is going to be used to share the broadband internet
connection on the desktop with the laptop.

I've tried a number of things in Windows on both systems, but don't seem to
be getting anywhere. Can anyone give me step by step instructions as how to
get this working?

Cheers,

Bobby

bobby.wallace@virgin.net

"SPC" <bobby.wallace@virgin.net> wrote in message
> I'm trying to set up a home network over bluetooth between
a desktop PC and
> a laptop. Mainly this is going to be used to share the
broadband internet
> connection on the desktop with the laptop.
>
> I've tried a number of things in Windows on both systems,
but don't seem to
> be getting anywhere. Can anyone give me step by step
instructions as how to
> get this working?

I use BT between my pda & Laptop or desktop, and I've only
ever been able to get access to the net from the pda after
using the ActivSync connection.

P.

papa

I do not use ICS. My setup uses a wireless router that includes wired ports.
ICS is an unnecessary complication, and with a router neither computer needs
to have the other computer turned on in order to access the internet.

Go to www.practicallynetworked.com for additional info.