StarCraft Universe Mod Finally Goes Into Limited Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Activision owns that name?? That is so wrong on many levels... Blizzard should own it no mattter what. Yep Glad to know the blizzard i used to know is dead.

FloKid

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
Cool. Smoother animations, better UI, more richer environments and you've got a AAA game. I wonder why Blizzard is sitting on the bench for this one. Aire him lol.

azgard

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
[citation][nom]droking[/nom]Activision owns that name?? That is so wrong on many levels... Blizzard should own it no mattter what. Yep Glad to know the blizzard i used to know is dead.[/citation]

Ever heard of this company called Activision Blizzard? Been around 4 years now.

Zeh

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
[citation][nom]FloKid[/nom]Cool. Smoother animations, better UI, more richer environments and you've got a AAA game. I wonder why Blizzard is sitting on the bench for this one. Aire him lol.[/citation]

If I recall correctly, they did hire him.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Sorry Activision-Blizzard but your products do not interest me anymore. From a 3 part Starcraft released dragged out over years to a always on internet DRM scam for Diablo 3, it left a bad taste in my mouth and I moved on.
Looking forward to spending 100+ hours exploring SkyRim.

flclkun

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
this better not suffer from the same problem AION had when it first came out.. ie ranged classes(terran) go uncontested in raping all melee classes(protoss) until melee reach top level and have top level gear.

xcomvic

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
AION was a great game:) Back to the topic however, I would definitely buy a "World of StarCraft" game. And this preview may lead more players to the idea and an eventual development from ActiBliz. Not only would the graphics engine/UI be more current, the storyline would be way better than WoW's. They could do something very creative and different with a SC MMO, make it more "skill-based" and more action instead of the point and click standard of many MMOs (Dragon Nest is one such MMO).

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]cats_paw[/nom]Another Dota? And owned by Activision? What a waste of time...Im not getting this...Well lucky me im just going to ignore this.[/citation]
It is not another Dota. It is a mod for a game that is already out called Starcraft 2.

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]reggieray[/nom].Looking forward to spending 100+ hours exploring SkyRim.[/citation]
You mean minecraft, because I am confused, thanks to Bersedtha lawyers.

Benihana

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2009
I don't see how this mod is "controversial". He called it "World of StarCraft", Bliz told him to take it down. He changed it to "StarCraft Universe". Bliz likes it. How is that controversial?

Status
Not open for further replies.