ATI all in wonder 9600xt

I have a ATI all in wonder 9600XT(128).I downloaded ATI tray tools hoping it
would get me the temperature of my card. It says it isn't supported. Is that
true or am I missing something?

In article <Q7ednRhCnqTNHYrfRVn-tw@rogers.com>, Blake Jashewski says...
> I have a ATI all in wonder 9600XT(128).I downloaded ATI tray tools hoping it
> would get me the temperature of my card. It says it isn't supported. Is that
> true or am I missing something?

What does common sense tell you?

--
Conor

-- George Patton

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Blake Jashewski" <JAZZBA@Rogers.com> wrote in message
>I have a ATI all in wonder 9600XT(128).I downloaded ATI tray tools hoping
>it would get me the temperature of my card. It says it isn't supported. Is
>that true or am I missing something?

The RV360 core, in the 9600XT has no provision for this. The 9800XT has
thermal monitoring built into the R360 GPU. Many newer 9800 Pro's come with
the R360 core and when flashed with an XT bios give thermal readout from the
diode.

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:03:08 -0000, Conor <conor@conorturton.com>
wrote:

>In article <Q7ednRhCnqTNHYrfRVn-tw@rogers.com>, Blake Jashewski says...
>> I have a ATI all in wonder 9600XT(128).I downloaded ATI tray tools hoping it
>> would get me the temperature of my card. It says it isn't supported. Is that
>> true or am I missing something?

>What does common sense tell you?

It tells me. Help-or-don't-help Irish

What does it tell you ?

Are you a spider leading people into the web that requires them to
stroke your ego - or what ?

You know your stuff - so what is it in your make up that enjoys
tormenting people ?

C'mon Irish, give willingly with good grace, or not at all !

¸ô¶ó

"Blake Jashewski" <JAZZBA@Rogers.com> wrote in message
>I have a ATI all in wonder 9600XT(128).I downloaded ATI tray tools hoping
>it would get me the temperature of my card. It says it isn't supported. Is
>that true or am I missing something?

Some 9600XT's did not have the correct PCB board I believe.
I have an abit 9600XT and read up that they did use the correct design, and
as such in ATI Tool I can view the temperature of my card. This temperature
monitoring is also used for ATI Overdrive which gives upto 27Mhz extra on
the GPU frequency depending on the monitored temperature.

If you also don't have the OVERDRIVE tab in the advanced display properties,
and you are running the ati hotkey poller, then chances are that your card
was produced without the right PCB.

Thats what I have read anyway!

Thanks for the input guys..Common sense told me to ask the experts before I
threw the towel in.

In article <9phf11d5le7qsjbqcemd8d9p8ealob27s8@4ax.com>, says...
> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:03:08 -0000, Conor <conor@conorturton.com>
> wrote:
>
> >In article <Q7ednRhCnqTNHYrfRVn-tw@rogers.com>, Blake Jashewski says...
> >> I have a ATI all in wonder 9600XT(128).I downloaded ATI tray tools hoping it
> >> would get me the temperature of my card. It says it isn't supported. Is that
> >> true or am I missing something?
>
> >What does common sense tell you?
>
> It tells me. Help-or-don't-help Irish

Irish? What are you on about? Oh, you mean my GAELIC name which can be
Irish, Scottish or Welsh.....of which I am neither.

> What does it tell you ?
>
> Are you a spider leading people into the web that requires them to
> stroke your ego - or what ?
>
> You know your stuff - so what is it in your make up that enjoys
> tormenting people ?
>
> C'mon Irish, give willingly with good grace, or not at all !

Who is Irish? Isn't me.

--
Conor

-- George Patton

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 02:00:07 -0000, Conor <conor@conorturton.com>
wrote:

>In article <9phf11d5le7qsjbqcemd8d9p8ealob27s8@4ax.com>, says...
>> On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:03:08 -0000, Conor <conor@conorturton.com>
>> wrote:

>> >In article <Q7ednRhCnqTNHYrfRVn-tw@rogers.com>, Blake Jashewski says...

>> >What does common sense tell you?

>> It tells me. Help-or-don't-help Irish

>Irish? What are you on about? Oh, you mean my GAELIC name which can be
>Irish, Scottish or Welsh.....of which I am neither.

>> What does it tell you ?

>> Are you a spider leading people into the web that requires them to
>> stroke your ego - or what ?

>> You know your stuff - so what is it in your make up that enjoys
>> tormenting people ?

>> C'mon Irish, give willingly with good grace, or not at all !

>Who is Irish? Isn't me.

Fair comment Conor, I will in future not refer to you as Irish.

Twas not my intention to offend !

¸ô¶ó

In article <ip3j111krfvr8c6fgcq8u374875o41oau7@4ax.com>, says...

> >Who is Irish? Isn't me.
>
> Fair comment Conor, I will in future not refer to you as Irish.
>
> Twas not my intention to offend !

No offence taken...just tugging at your strings.

:)

--
Conor

-- George Patton