Where to Buy X800 SE Power Cable?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 19, 2005 10:27:04 PM

I bought an ATI RADEON X800 SE PCI Express card used, and the
seller did not include the power cable that plugs from the card
to the PCs power supply to drive the fan on the card. I went
to ATI's web site, but they only sell a power *extension* cable,
and not the power cable itself.

Where can I buy / obtain just the fan power cable for the X800
SE?

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

More about : buy x800 power cable

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 8:53:41 AM

The cable is not proprietary, it's a standard molex 4 pin, and most computer
stores should have it. BTW, it's not for fan power, it's for GPU power.

"Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> wrote in message
>I bought an ATI RADEON X800 SE PCI Express card used, and the
> seller did not include the power cable that plugs from the card
> to the PCs power supply to drive the fan on the card. I went
> to ATI's web site, but they only sell a power *extension* cable,
> and not the power cable itself.
>
> Where can I buy / obtain just the fan power cable for the X800
> SE?
>
> --
> Will
> Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

Anonymous
February 20, 2005 3:24:32 PM

"Will" <DELETE_westes@earthbroadcast.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>I bought an ATI RADEON X800 SE PCI Express card used, and the
> seller did not include the power cable that plugs from the card
> to the PCs power supply to drive the fan on the card. I went
> to ATI's web site, but they only sell a power *extension* cable,
> and not the power cable itself.
>
> Where can I buy / obtain just the fan power cable for the X800
> SE?
>
> --
> Will
> Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

The power plug is usually the same type as the ones for floppy drives, you
should have at least one spare from the PSU.

Greetings Aksel
Anonymous
February 20, 2005 3:45:52 PM

www.cyberguys.com sells them.