portable storage

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
May 3, 2004 9:47:10 AM

hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious storage.
I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me how
you have found it ?

More about : portable storage

May 3, 2004 10:03:00 AM

Sorry, I have no experience with the X-Drive but it does look interesting.
I did however recently purchase the RoadStore to take on a recent vacation.
It worked flawlessly and we were also able to watch a couple of DVDs in our
motel room. :-)

http://www.roadstor.com/

"john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> wrote in message
> hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious
storage.
> I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
> coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
>
> I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me how
> you have found it ?

May 3, 2004 12:34:44 PM

Thanks nivek...i had looked at that unit. Ran a close 2nd

"Nivek" <REMOVE_wwwebmail_REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o gllc.52678$Dn1.22360@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> Sorry, I have no experience with the X-Drive but it does look interesting.
> I did however recently purchase the RoadStore to take on a recent
vacation.
> It worked flawlessly and we were also able to watch a couple of DVDs in
our
> motel room. :-)
>
> http://www.roadstor.com/
>

> "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> wrote in message
> > hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious
> storage.
> > I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
> > coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me
how
> > you have found it ?

a b G Storage
May 10, 2004 3:41:33 PM

On Mon, 03 May 2004 05:47:10 GMT, "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> was
understood to have stated the following:

>hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious storage.
>I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
>coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
>
>I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me how
>you have found it ?

That looks *awesome*. Do you know if the unit is available in the US,
and if you can put content back on to the various card types from the
hard drive?
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 10, 2004 10:58:24 PM

john wrote:
> hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious storage.
> I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
> coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
>
> I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me how
> you have found it ?

Do a google groups search for "Portable Storage Device". This issue have
rised several times.

--

Have a nice day, 8:)
Josef G.; Linux Counter UserID: 52525

Yeh ...like this is my group & i will say whom talks about what. What
subject hasnt been covered in this group so we can make sure we only talk
about that particular one ?

Hi david, these things are everywhere..in several diff shapes. No you cant
transfer back to a card (yet)

"Josef G." <ns_golojo@bezeqint.net> wrote in message
> john wrote:
> > hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious
storage.
> > I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
> > coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me
how
> > you have found it ?
> >

> Do a google groups search for "Portable Storage Device". This issue have
> rised several times.
>
> --
>
> Have a nice day, 8:)
> Josef G.; Linux Counter UserID: 52525
> Gevataim, Israel

Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 10, 2004 11:50:21 PM

On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:50:20 GMT, "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> found
these unused words floating about:

>Yeh ...like this is my group & i will say whom talks about what.

Well it surely isn't yours ...

Referring to a search for multiple comments about (several) past discussions
caqn only benefit the inquirers ... or would you prefer to retype ALL you
previous comments (well, the polite part anyway)?
Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 11, 2004 1:02:52 AM

On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:50:20 GMT, "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> was
understood to have stated the following:

> Hi david, these things are everywhere..in several diff shapes. No you cant
>transfer back to a card (yet)

Thanks for this information; I *might* hold off a little bit until I
can go both ways with the card transfers. I'd like something a lot
smaller than a laptop to write to these cards with.
May 11, 2004 9:54:22 AM

Through to the keeper on that one sunshine.

If no one is ever to mention a subject that has been mentioned before then
you me china plate are welcome to a lifetime supply of pocket protectors &
this group. Is this your normal MO ?

"J. A. Mc." <jaSPAMc@gbr.online.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:50:20 GMT, "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> found
> these unused words floating about:
>
> >Yeh ...like this is my group & i will say whom talks about what.
>
> Well it surely isn't yours ...
>
> Referring to a search for multiple comments about (several) past
discussions
> caqn only benefit the inquirers ... or would you prefer to retype ALL you
> previous comments (well, the polite part anyway)?

Anonymous
a b G Storage
May 12, 2004 6:23:42 PM

On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:50:20 GMT, "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com>
vaguely proposed a theory
.......and in reply I say!:
uncap my header address to reply via email

I am with you John. The guy has sifted over several weeks, and was
asking for personal experiences. That's what "discussion groups" are
for, surely?

>Yeh ...like this is my group & i will say whom talks about what. What
>subject hasnt been covered in this group so we can make sure we only talk
>about that particular one ?
>
> Hi david, these things are everywhere..in several diff shapes. No you cant
>transfer back to a card (yet)
>

>"Josef G." <ns_golojo@bezeqint.net> wrote in message
>> john wrote:
>> > hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious
>storage.
>> > I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
>> > coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
>> >
>> > I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me
>how
>> > you have found it ?
>> >

>> Do a google groups search for "Portable Storage Device". This issue have
>> rised several times.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Have a nice day, 8:)
>> Josef G.; Linux Counter UserID: 52525
>> Gevataim, Israel

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of
the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted
child would do this?"....the internet seems full of
them. It's very sad
!