portable storage

hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious storage.
I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me how
you have found it ?
9 answers Last reply
More about portable storage

    Sorry, I have no experience with the X-Drive but it does look interesting.
    I did however recently purchase the RoadStore to take on a recent vacation.
    It worked flawlessly and we were also able to watch a couple of DVDs in our
    motel room. :-)

    http://www.roadstor.com/

    "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> wrote in message
    > hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious
    storage.
    > I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
    > coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me how
    > you have found it ?

    Thanks nivek...i had looked at that unit. Ran a close 2nd

    "Nivek" <REMOVE_wwwebmail_REMOVE@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Sorry, I have no experience with the X-Drive but it does look interesting.
    > I did however recently purchase the RoadStore to take on a recent
    vacation.
    > It worked flawlessly and we were also able to watch a couple of DVDs in
    our
    > motel room. :-)
    >
    > http://www.roadstor.com/
    >

    > "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> wrote in message
    > > hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious
    > storage.
    > > I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
    > > coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
    > >
    > > I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me
    how
    > > you have found it ?

    On Mon, 03 May 2004 05:47:10 GMT, "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> was
    understood to have stated the following:

    >hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious storage.
    >I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
    >coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
    >
    >I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me how
    >you have found it ?

    That looks *awesome*. Do you know if the unit is available in the US,
    and if you can put content back on to the various card types from the
    hard drive?

    john wrote:
    > hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious storage.
    > I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
    > coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me how
    > you have found it ?

    Do a google groups search for "Portable Storage Device". This issue have
    rised several times.

    --

    Have a nice day, 8:)
    Josef G.; Linux Counter UserID: 52525

    Yeh ...like this is my group & i will say whom talks about what. What
    subject hasnt been covered in this group so we can make sure we only talk
    about that particular one ?

    Hi david, these things are everywhere..in several diff shapes. No you cant
    transfer back to a card (yet)

    "Josef G." <ns_golojo@bezeqint.net> wrote in message
    > john wrote:
    > > hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious
    storage.
    > > I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
    > > coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
    > >
    > > I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me
    how
    > > you have found it ?
    > >

    > Do a google groups search for "Portable Storage Device". This issue have
    > rised several times.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Have a nice day, 8:)
    > Josef G.; Linux Counter UserID: 52525
    > Gevataim, Israel

  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:50:20 GMT, "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> found
    these unused words floating about:

    >Yeh ...like this is my group & i will say whom talks about what.

    Well it surely isn't yours ...

    Referring to a search for multiple comments about (several) past discussions
    caqn only benefit the inquirers ... or would you prefer to retype ALL you
    previous comments (well, the polite part anyway)?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:50:20 GMT, "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> was
    understood to have stated the following:

    > Hi david, these things are everywhere..in several diff shapes. No you cant
    >transfer back to a card (yet)

    Thanks for this information; I *might* hold off a little bit until I
    can go both ways with the card transfers. I'd like something a lot
    smaller than a laptop to write to these cards with.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Through to the keeper on that one sunshine.

    If no one is ever to mention a subject that has been mentioned before then
    you me china plate are welcome to a lifetime supply of pocket protectors &
    this group. Is this your normal MO ?

    "J. A. Mc." <jaSPAMc@gbr.online.com> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:50:20 GMT, "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com> found
    > these unused words floating about:
    >
    > >Yeh ...like this is my group & i will say whom talks about what.
    >
    > Well it surely isn't yours ...
    >
    > Referring to a search for multiple comments about (several) past
    discussions
    > caqn only benefit the inquirers ... or would you prefer to retype ALL you
    > previous comments (well, the polite part anyway)?

  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 19:50:20 GMT, "john" <mark39@removeziplip.com>
    vaguely proposed a theory
    .......and in reply I say!:
    uncap my header address to reply via email

    I am with you John. The guy has sifted over several weeks, and was
    asking for personal experiences. That's what "discussion groups" are
    for, surely?

    >Yeh ...like this is my group & i will say whom talks about what. What
    >subject hasnt been covered in this group so we can make sure we only talk
    >about that particular one ?
    >
    > Hi david, these things are everywhere..in several diff shapes. No you cant
    >transfer back to a card (yet)
    >

    >"Josef G." <ns_golojo@bezeqint.net> wrote in message
    >> john wrote:
    >> > hi all ...im about to go on an extended holiday & need some serious
    >storage.
    >> > I have spent the last 6 weeks sifting through all avail options & keep
    >> > coming back to the X-Drive being best suited to my needs.
    >> >
    >> > I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them & tell me
    >how
    >> > you have found it ?
    >> >

    >> Do a google groups search for "Portable Storage Device". This issue have
    >> rised several times.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Have a nice day, 8:)
    >> Josef G.; Linux Counter UserID: 52525
    >> Gevataim, Israel

    Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of
    the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted
    child would do this?"....the internet seems full of
    them. It's very sad

Cameras Storage Peripherals