Need to have multiply users on one machine with Novel as n..

I have an Win Xp pro machine that I need mulitply uses to be able to logon
to. My problem being that I have a novel network so my log in screen is the
Novel client login screen. If I make users on the actual machine Novel does
not authenticate them, so unable to get to our Mail package, which is
groupwise. Any ideas how I stop XP doing the authication so it is only in
Novel
3 answers Last reply
More about need multiply users machine

    fredrick wrote:
    > I have an Win Xp pro machine that I need mulitply uses to be able to
    > logon to. My problem being that I have a novel network so my log in
    > screen is the Novel client login screen. If I make users on the
    > actual machine Novel does not authenticate them, so unable to get to
    > our Mail package, which is groupwise. Any ideas how I stop XP doing
    > the authication so it is only in Novel

    Check the Logon Local box on the Novell (two L's) logon screen.
    (May not be a checkbox anymore - might just have to choose the Local Machine
    instead of the Novell "domain" from a drop-down.)

    And if none of that is available - your network/system admin did a fine job.
    =)

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    fredrick wrote:
    > I have an Win Xp pro machine that I need mulitply uses to be able to
    > logon to. My problem being that I have a novel network so my log in
    > screen is the Novel client login screen. If I make users on the
    > actual machine Novel does not authenticate them, so unable to get to
    > our Mail package, which is groupwise. Any ideas how I stop XP doing
    > the authication so it is only in Novel

    Wow - n/m on that last response - It took another two reads to make sense of
    what you wrote. heh

    You have a Novell Network.. So setup the users on your Novell server(s) and
    log them into the Novell Network on the machine(s) - it should create the
    users on the Windows workstation for you.. Authenticating against your
    Novell server and giving proper rights, mapping proper drives, etc.

    If you cannot MAKE users on your Novell server - you shouldn't be trying to
    MAKE users anywhere... After all - that's the point, right?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    thanks for such a quick reply but all users have been created on the Novel
    server just for some reason they can not log on the xp machine

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > fredrick wrote:
    > > I have an Win Xp pro machine that I need mulitply uses to be able to
    > > logon to. My problem being that I have a novel network so my log in
    > > screen is the Novel client login screen. If I make users on the
    > > actual machine Novel does not authenticate them, so unable to get to
    > > our Mail package, which is groupwise. Any ideas how I stop XP doing
    > > the authication so it is only in Novel
    >
    > Wow - n/m on that last response - It took another two reads to make sense of
    > what you wrote. heh
    >
    > You have a Novell Network.. So setup the users on your Novell server(s) and
    > log them into the Novell Network on the machine(s) - it should create the
    > users on the Windows workstation for you.. Authenticating against your
    > Novell server and giving proper rights, mapping proper drives, etc.
    >
    > If you cannot MAKE users on your Novell server - you shouldn't be trying to
    > MAKE users anywhere... After all - that's the point, right?
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP

Login Windows XP