Need to have multiply users on one machine with Novel as n..

June 16, 2005 11:22:01 PM

I have an Win Xp pro machine that I need mulitply uses to be able to logon
to. My problem being that I have a novel network so my log in screen is the
Novel client login screen. If I make users on the actual machine Novel does
not authenticate them, so unable to get to our Mail package, which is
groupwise. Any ideas how I stop XP doing the authication so it is only in
Novel

More about : multiply users machine

Anonymous
June 17, 2005 2:00:47 AM

fredrick wrote:
> I have an Win Xp pro machine that I need mulitply uses to be able to
> logon to. My problem being that I have a novel network so my log in
> screen is the Novel client login screen. If I make users on the
> actual machine Novel does not authenticate them, so unable to get to
> our Mail package, which is groupwise. Any ideas how I stop XP doing
> the authication so it is only in Novel

Check the Logon Local box on the Novell (two L's) logon screen.
(May not be a checkbox anymore - might just have to choose the Local Machine
instead of the Novell "domain" from a drop-down.)

And if none of that is available - your network/system admin did a fine job.
=)

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

fredrick wrote:
> I have an Win Xp pro machine that I need mulitply uses to be able to
> logon to. My problem being that I have a novel network so my log in
> screen is the Novel client login screen. If I make users on the
> actual machine Novel does not authenticate them, so unable to get to
> our Mail package, which is groupwise. Any ideas how I stop XP doing
> the authication so it is only in Novel

Wow - n/m on that last response - It took another two reads to make sense of
what you wrote. heh

You have a Novell Network.. So setup the users on your Novell server(s) and
log them into the Novell Network on the machine(s) - it should create the
users on the Windows workstation for you.. Authenticating against your
Novell server and giving proper rights, mapping proper drives, etc.

If you cannot MAKE users on your Novell server - you shouldn't be trying to
MAKE users anywhere... After all - that's the point, right?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

thanks for such a quick reply but all users have been created on the Novel
server just for some reason they can not log on the xp machine