Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool

June 17, 2005 2:22:09 AM

I have attempted to run this software, but each time i do so, it cause my
entire system to freeze. I have tried running it from the website as well as
downloading it and then running it. Both cause my system to freeze,
requiring a hard boot.

Can anyone explain why this may be happening?

i have a Dell Dimension XPS Gen 4.

thank you
Anonymous
June 18, 2005 2:59:04 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891717
You receive an error when you run the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal
Tool

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by third-party software
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827315

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/defaul...
Fight Spyware – articles by Microsoft

Spyware Programs links:-