Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool

I have attempted to run this software, but each time i do so, it cause my
entire system to freeze. I have tried running it from the website as well as
downloading it and then running it. Both cause my system to freeze,
requiring a hard boot.

Can anyone explain why this may be happening?

i have a Dell Dimension XPS Gen 4.

thank you
1 answer Last reply
More about microsoft malicious software removal tool

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891717
    You receive an error when you run the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal
    Tool

    Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by third-party software
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827315

    http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/default.mspx
    Fight Spyware – articles by Microsoft

    Spyware Programs links:-
    www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware
    www.security.kolla.de Spybot

    "TheFarSeer" <TheFarSeer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have attempted to run this software, but each time i do so, it cause my
    > entire system to freeze. I have tried running it from the website as well as
    > downloading it and then running it. Both cause my system to freeze,
    > requiring a hard boot.
    >
    > Can anyone explain why this may be happening?
    >
    > i have a Dell Dimension XPS Gen 4.
    >
    > thank you

Microsoft Software Windows XP