X800 no power cable connected error Help!

I bought this card a few weeks ago and had an initial "no power cable
connected" message on booting. This was cure by a gentle jiggle of the
power lead or making sure the card was seated properly in the slot.

The message occured about half a dozen or so times now I can't get the
machine to boot with the card in at all.

I have a 350W supply but only 1 HDD and CD-ROM. I tried a friends 450W
supply with no difference.

I replaced the cable that supplies the card and HDD as I though that may be
worn, but no success.

It's a second hand card so I can't send it back to anyone.... 8(

Any suggestions on what else I can try?? Anything? Voodoo?

I'd hate to have to shell out again for another, at least not till I get a
pay rise in April !!

TIA
3 answers Last reply
More about x800 power cable connected error help

    In article <sJ6dnWTIQZaTbYHfRVn-vQ@pipex.net>, Nick Dalton says...
    > I bought this card a few weeks ago and had an initial "no power cable
    > connected" message on booting. This was cure by a gentle jiggle of the
    > power lead or making sure the card was seated properly in the slot.
    >
    > The message occured about half a dozen or so times now I can't get the
    > machine to boot with the card in at all.
    >
    > I have a 350W supply but only 1 HDD and CD-ROM. I tried a friends 450W
    > supply with no difference.
    >
    > I replaced the cable that supplies the card and HDD as I though that may be
    > worn, but no success.
    >
    > It's a second hand card so I can't send it back to anyone.... 8(
    >
    > Any suggestions on what else I can try?? Anything? Voodoo?

    Take it to an electronics repair shop and ask them to resolder the
    joints on the power connector.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton

    "Conor" <conor@conorturton.com> wrote in message
    > In article <sJ6dnWTIQZaTbYHfRVn-vQ@pipex.net>, Nick Dalton says...
    >> I bought this card a few weeks ago and had an initial "no power cable
    >> connected" message on booting. This was cure by a gentle jiggle of the
    >> power lead or making sure the card was seated properly in the slot.
    >>
    >> The message occured about half a dozen or so times now I can't get the
    >> machine to boot with the card in at all.
    >>
    >> I have a 350W supply but only 1 HDD and CD-ROM. I tried a friends 450W
    >> supply with no difference.
    >>
    >> I replaced the cable that supplies the card and HDD as I though that may
    >> be
    >> worn, but no success.
    >>
    >> It's a second hand card so I can't send it back to anyone.... 8(
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on what else I can try?? Anything? Voodoo?
    >>
    > Take it to an electronics repair shop and ask them to resolder the
    > joints on the power connector.
    >

    > --
    > Conor
    >
    > An imperfect plan executed violently is far superior to a perfect plan.
    > -- George Patton

    Will try that !! Cheers 8))

    "Nick Dalton" <ndalton@PANTSnildram.co.uk> wrote in message
    > "Conor" <conor@conorturton.com> wrote in message
    >> In article <sJ6dnWTIQZaTbYHfRVn-vQ@pipex.net>, Nick Dalton says...
    >>> I bought this card a few weeks ago and had an initial "no power cable
    >>> connected" message on booting. This was cure by a gentle jiggle of the
    >>> power lead or making sure the card was seated properly in the slot.
    >>>
    >>> The message occured about half a dozen or so times now I can't get the
    >>> machine to boot with the card in at all.
    >>>
    >>> I have a 350W supply but only 1 HDD and CD-ROM. I tried a friends 450W
    >>> supply with no difference.
    >>>
    >>> I replaced the cable that supplies the card and HDD as I though that may
    >>> be
    >>> worn, but no success.
    >>>
    >>> It's a second hand card so I can't send it back to anyone.... 8(
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestions on what else I can try?? Anything? Voodoo?
    >>>
    >> Take it to an electronics repair shop and ask them to resolder the
    >> joints on the power connector.
    >>

    >> --
    >> Conor
    >>
    >> An imperfect plan executed violently is far superior to a perfect plan.
    >> -- George Patton
    >
    > Will try that !! Cheers 8))

    Tried it, no joy! Left with a £200+ paperweight !!!

    Unless anyone has anymore ideas.........

Radeon Power Cable Graphics