AIW 9000 Pro: Cable from Card to Sound Card Ques

I have an ATI All in Wonder 9000 Pro card which I bought s/h. It
didn't come with a cable which goes from the card to the sound card so
I can receive sound from the tv tuner.

I checked out the ATI Website to see which cable I would need for this
card and the only info I could find was that I needed was a 6110004801
cable(http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2537999). Funninly enough I
had one of these cables as I used to have an All in Wonder Pro card.
When I tried it though it wouldn't fit. Pic
here:(http://img203.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img203&image=61100048012yv.jpg)

And pic here of card connectors:
(http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=aiw90002kh.jpg)

My questions are: What is the p/n / name of the cable I need and where
can I buy it?

Also is there another way of getting sound from the tv tuner?

I have the following cables:
Purple Box:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=purplebox5ig.jpg
Black Cable: http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=tvoutcable0xj.jpg
Other Cable:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=yellowcable4mu.jpg

thanks in advance for your help
JimBob
11 answers Last reply
More about 9000 cable card sound card ques

    http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2538002

    "JimBob" <jboriii@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I have an ATI All in Wonder 9000 Pro card which I bought s/h. It
    > didn't come with a cable which goes from the card to the sound card so
    > I can receive sound from the tv tuner.
    >
    > I checked out the ATI Website to see which cable I would need for this
    > card and the only info I could find was that I needed was a 6110004801
    > cable(http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2537999). Funninly enough I
    > had one of these cables as I used to have an All in Wonder Pro card.
    > When I tried it though it wouldn't fit. Pic
    > here:(http://img203.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img203&image=61100048012yv.jpg)
    >
    > And pic here of card connectors:
    > (http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=aiw90002kh.jpg)
    >

    > My questions are: What is the p/n / name of the cable I need and where
    > can I buy it?
    >
    > Also is there another way of getting sound from the tv tuner?
    >
    > I have the following cables:
    > Purple Box:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=purplebox5ig.jpg
    > Black Cable:
    > http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=tvoutcable0xj.jpg
    > Other
    > Cable:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=yellowcable4mu.jpg
    >
    > thanks in advance for your help
    > JimBob

    "JimBob" <jboriii@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have an ATI All in Wonder 9000 Pro card which I bought s/h. It
    > didn't come with a cable which goes from the card to the sound card so
    > I can receive sound from the tv tuner.
    >
    > I checked out the ATI Website to see which cable I would need for this
    > card and the only info I could find was that I needed was a 6110004801
    > cable(http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2537999). Funninly enough I
    > had one of these cables as I used to have an All in Wonder Pro card.
    > When I tried it though it wouldn't fit. Pic
    > here:(http://img203.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img203&image=61100048012yv.jpg)
    >
    > And pic here of card connectors:
    > (http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=aiw90002kh.jpg)
    >

    > My questions are: What is the p/n / name of the cable I need and where
    > can I buy it?
    >
    > Also is there another way of getting sound from the tv tuner?
    >
    > I have the following cables:
    > Purple Box:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=purplebox5ig.jpg
    > Black Cable:
    http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=tvoutcable0xj.jpg
    > Other
    Cable:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=yellowcable4mu.jpg

    > thanks in advance for your help
    > JimBob

    Your AIW should have a mini-phono output. Plug it into the soundcards Line
    In. You only need the internal cable if you don't want to use the external
    solution.

    dalco.com has the cable for around $3. I can give you their part number if
    you want it. I like leaving my Line In open for other use so I purchased one
    the last time I was there. I bought a new AIW9600XT and the internal cable
    didn't come with the card.
    HTH

    "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > "JimBob" <jboriii@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> I have an ATI All in Wonder 9000 Pro card which I bought s/h. It
    >> didn't come with a cable which goes from the card to the sound card so
    >> I can receive sound from the tv tuner.
    >>
    >> I checked out the ATI Website to see which cable I would need for this
    >> card and the only info I could find was that I needed was a 6110004801
    >> cable(http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2537999). Funninly enough I
    >> had one of these cables as I used to have an All in Wonder Pro card.
    >> When I tried it though it wouldn't fit. Pic
    >> here:(http://img203.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img203&image=61100048012yv.jpg)
    >>
    >> And pic here of card connectors:
    >> (http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=aiw90002kh.jpg)
    >>

    >> My questions are: What is the p/n / name of the cable I need and where
    >> can I buy it?
    >>
    >> Also is there another way of getting sound from the tv tuner?
    >>
    >> I have the following cables:
    >> Purple Box:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=purplebox5ig.jpg
    >> Black Cable:
    > http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=tvoutcable0xj.jpg
    >> Other
    > Cable:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=yellowcable4mu.jpg
    >>
    >> thanks in advance for your help
    >> JimBob
    >
    > Your AIW should have a mini-phono output. Plug it into the soundcards Line
    > In. You only need the internal cable if you don't want to use the external
    > solution.
    >
    > dalco.com has the cable for around $3. I can give you their part number if
    > you want it. I like leaving my Line In open for other use so I purchased
    > one
    > the last time I was there. I bought a new AIW9600XT and the internal
    > cable
    > didn't come with the card.
    > HTH

    I wasn't aware that you could use an internal connector for the 9600xt. What
    is the part number and if not line-in, what does it use?

    BTW, I notice that Dalco is asking $258.00 for the card. Newegg has it for
    $199.00.

    Thanks,
    Adams

    "Adams" <anh@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > > "JimBob" <jboriii@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> I have an ATI All in Wonder 9000 Pro card which I bought s/h. It
    > >> didn't come with a cable which goes from the card to the sound card so
    > >> I can receive sound from the tv tuner.
    > >>
    > >> I checked out the ATI Website to see which cable I would need for this
    > >> card and the only info I could find was that I needed was a 6110004801
    > >> cable(http://shop.ati.com/product.asp?sku=2537999). Funninly enough I
    > >> had one of these cables as I used to have an All in Wonder Pro card.
    > >> When I tried it though it wouldn't fit. Pic
    > >> here:(http://img203.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img203&image=61100048012yv.jpg)
    > >>
    > >> And pic here of card connectors:
    > >> (http://img180.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img180&image=aiw90002kh.jpg)
    > >>

    > >> My questions are: What is the p/n / name of the cable I need and where
    > >> can I buy it?
    > >>
    > >> Also is there another way of getting sound from the tv tuner?
    > >>
    > >> I have the following cables:
    > >> Purple
    Box:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=purplebox5ig.jpg
    > >> Black Cable:
    > > http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=tvoutcable0xj.jpg
    > >> Other
    > > Cable:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=yellowcable4mu.jpg
    > >>
    > >> thanks in advance for your help
    > >> JimBob
    > >
    > > Your AIW should have a mini-phono output. Plug it into the soundcards
    Line
    > > In. You only need the internal cable if you don't want to use the
    external
    > > solution.
    > >
    > > dalco.com has the cable for around $3. I can give you their part number
    if
    > > you want it. I like leaving my Line In open for other use so I purchased
    > > one
    > > the last time I was there. I bought a new AIW9600XT and the internal
    > > cable
    > > didn't come with the card.
    > > HTH
    >
    > I wasn't aware that you could use an internal connector for the 9600xt.
    What
    > is the part number and if not line-in, what does it use?
    >
    > BTW, I notice that Dalco is asking $258.00 for the card. Newegg has it for
    > $199.00.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Adams

    What you connect internally depends on what your sound card has. Usually
    it's the AUX.
    The cable # is 49950. Dalco is local to me(no shipping) and much cheaper
    than ATI. I didn't buy the AIW there. Shopping for a video card is a lot
    different than a cable. For that kind of money I use a search engine.
    Actually I did get it at Newwegg. It was $179 at the time. It took them a
    week to get it to me and it was supposed to be in stock. Haven't bought
    anything in years that has taken that long to get here. Probably won't buy
    from Newegg again unless I'm not in a hurry.

    I wanted to connect my AIW audio internally too. it didn't come with the
    cable either.

    What kind of cable should I use? and where can I buy it?

> [...]

    > if
    >> > you want it. I like leaving my Line In open for other use so I
    >> > purchased
    >> > one
    >> > the last time I was there. I bought a new AIW9600XT and the internal
    >> > cable
    >> > didn't come with the card.
    >> > HTH
    >>
    >> I wasn't aware that you could use an internal connector for the 9600xt.
    > What
    >> is the part number and if not line-in, what does it use?
    >>
    >> BTW, I notice that Dalco is asking $258.00 for the card. Newegg has it
    >> for
    >> $199.00.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Adams
    >>

    > What you connect internally depends on what your sound card has. Usually

    Dalco returns an "invalid part#" error.

    > Dalco is local to me(no shipping) and much cheaper
    > than ATI. I didn't buy the AIW there. Shopping for a video card is a lot
    > different than a cable. For that kind of money I use a search engine.
    > Actually I did get it at Newwegg. It was $179 at the time. It took them a
    > week to get it to me and it was supposed to be in stock. Haven't bought
    > anything in years that has taken that long to get here.

    Your case is unusual...Newegg is well known for their prompt shipping, often
    free.

    "I discuss" <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I wanted to connect my AIW audio internally too. it didn't come with the
    > cable either.
    >
    > What kind of cable should I use? and where can I buy it?
    >

    > "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > > "Adams" <anh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message

    here:(http://img203.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img203&image=61100048012yv.jpg)

    > > Box:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=purplebox5ig.jpg

    > > Line
    > > external

    > > if
    > >>
    > >> I wasn't aware that you could use an internal connector for the 9600xt.
    > > What
    > >> is the part number and if not line-in, what does it use?
    > >>
    > >> BTW, I notice that Dalco is asking $258.00 for the card. Newegg has it
    > >> for
    > >> $199.00.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Adams
    > >>

    > > What you connect internally depends on what your sound card has. Usually
    > > it's the AUX.
    > > The cable # is 49950. Dalco is local to me(no shipping) and much cheaper
    > > than ATI. I didn't buy the AIW there. Shopping for a video card is a lot
    > > different than a cable. For that kind of money I use a search engine.
    > > Actually I did get it at Newwegg. It was $179 at the time. It took them
    > > week to get it to me and it was supposed to be in stock. Haven't bought
    > > anything in years that has taken that long to get here. Probably won't
    buy
    > > from Newegg again unless I'm not in a hurry.

    My AIW128pro and AIW9600XT both take this cable so I assume they all use the
    same.

    > "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > > "Adams" <anh@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message

    here:(http://img203.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img203&image=61100048012yv.jpg)

    > > Box:http://img192.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img192&image=purplebox5ig.jpg

    > > Line
    > > external

    > > if
    > >>
    > >> I wasn't aware that you could use an internal connector for the 9600xt.
    > > What
    > >> is the part number and if not line-in, what does it use?
    > >>
    > >> BTW, I notice that Dalco is asking $258.00 for the card. Newegg has it
    > >> for
    > >> $199.00.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Adams
    > >>

    > > What you connect internally depends on what your sound card has. Usually
    > > it's the AUX.
    > > The cable # is 49950.
    >
    > Dalco returns an "invalid part#" error.

    Odd. I purchased one from the outlet store. It's in catalog #49 page 5. The
    ..PDF flyer on the home page has it. They call it a MPC-2 to Soundblaster CD
    ROM audio cable.
    I emailed them about it. Waiting for response.

    On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:14:16 GMT, "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid>
    wrote:

    >Odd. I purchased one from the outlet store. It's in catalog #49 page 5. The
    >.PDF flyer on the home page has it. They call it a MPC-2 to Soundblaster CD
    >ROM audio cable.
    >I emailed them about it. Waiting for response.

    Isn't this the same cable that comes with a new CD or DVD-ROM to hook
    it up to your sound card?

    Villain
    Villain

    Paranoia is just another word for longevity.

    I thought so too, but the cable doesn't fit the connector on the AIW card...
    I don't know why...

    The cables that "I discuss" <lleaf-delete.this-@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:d4eUd.39334$uO.1051630@news20.bellglobal.com...
    > I thought so too, but the cable doesn't fit the connector on the AIW
    card...
    > I don't know why...
    >

    > "Villain" <villain@weasle.net> wrote in message
    > > On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:14:16 GMT, "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid>
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > >>Odd. I purchased one from the outlet store. It's in catalog #49 page 5.
    > >>The
    > >>.PDF flyer on the home page has it. They call it a MPC-2 to Soundblaster
    > >>CD
    > >>ROM audio cable.
    > >>I emailed them about it. Waiting for response.
    > >>

    > > Isn't this the same cable that comes with a new CD or DVD-ROM to hook
    > > it up to your sound card?
    > >

    > > Villain
    > > Villain
    > >
    > > Paranoia is just another word for longevity.

    The cable that comes with a new CD or DVD-ROM has the same connector on
    each end. The one the AIWs need has a little white one on one end. View the
    picture on the .PDF. I received the correct one with my AIW128PRO but not
    the AIW9600XT. I have a half dozen of the CD cables laying around. ATI
    should have changed to this connector instead of trying to get exorbitant
    price for the outdated one they are selling. If I hadn't found a cheaper
    alternative I would have soldered half of a cd cable to the backside of the
    AIW128PROs pcb.

Radeon ATI Cable Sound Cards Graphics