tv card for lcd

Does anyone know of a tv card that will work with a lcd monitor? thanks

"Billy Retherford" <hardwoodman@cox.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a tv card that will work with a lcd monitor? thanks

I use my 9800 AIW with a 19" LCD.

Hi, Billy.

I got my KDS 15" LCD Monitor in August 2001. It worked fine with the AIW
128 I had then and works just as well with the AIW 9000 Pro I've been
running since May 2003.

Why wouldn't it?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Billy Retherford" <hardwoodman@cox.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a tv card that will work with a lcd monitor? thanks

Both of the above posts are talking about a Video Card that also does TV.
But if you already own a Good Video Card and just wish to add TV You need a
TV Capture Card or USB device.
Which will play the shows through your Video Card.....so your video card
needs to be able to output to an LCD monitor and there are 2 ways to do
this...analog or digital.The LCD has a factory recommended settings..as an
example 1200x1024...your video card needs to match that setting.Anything
less or more will not be optimally visual.
You can buy LCD monitors with analog or digital connections or both.
peter
"Billy Retherford" <hardwoodman@cox.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know of a tv card that will work with a lcd monitor? thanks

Your question isn't clear. First, what do you mean by a "TV Card"??

Any video card will work with an analog lcd monitor. In general any
video card with a DVI output will work with any lcd monitor with a DVI
input (although, almost all LCD monitors with DVI inputs also have
analog inputs).

TV Card? If you mean a tuner card, there is no relationship between a
tuner card and any display device. Tuner cards don't drive displays
directly, the displays are still (always) driven from the video card.

Billy Retherford wrote:

> Does anyone know of a tv card that will work with a lcd monitor? thanks

ann

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 03:19:13 GMT, Barry Watzman
<WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:

>Your question isn't clear. First, what do you mean by a "TV Card"??
>
>Any video card will work with an analog lcd monitor. In general any
>video card with a DVI output will work with any lcd monitor with a DVI
>input (although, almost all LCD monitors with DVI inputs also have
>analog inputs).
>
>TV Card? If you mean a tuner card, there is no relationship between a
>tuner card and any display device. Tuner cards don't drive displays
>directly, the displays are still (always) driven from the video card.

But my old ATI tuner card wouldn't work on the monitor using its
native resolution. I had to crank it down in order to get the tuner
to work. So it is important to be sure that what you buy will work at
the resolution you want to use.

Ann

Ann wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 03:19:13 GMT, Barry Watzman
> <WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Your question isn't clear. First, what do you mean by a "TV Card"??
>>
>>Any video card will work with an analog lcd monitor. In general any
>>video card with a DVI output will work with any lcd monitor with a DVI
>>input (although, almost all LCD monitors with DVI inputs also have
>>analog inputs).
>>
>>TV Card? If you mean a tuner card, there is no relationship between a
>>tuner card and any display device. Tuner cards don't drive displays
>>directly, the displays are still (always) driven from the video card.
>
> But my old ATI tuner card wouldn't work on the monitor using its
> native resolution.

The tuner card doesn't normally connect to the monitor at all.

> I had to crank it down in order to get the tuner
> to work. So it is important to be sure that what you buy will work at
> the resolution you want to use.

Back up and tell the whole story. You've obviously left out something
important.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate