screen goes black at odd times

I have a KDS VS 190 monitor. Do you know of any reason why the screen would
go black for no reason?
Sometimes its fine for 8 hours sometimes for 30 minutes. The monitor is
about 3 years old.
I have an ATI 9200
1GIG RAM
P4 @ 3.4gig
I have hooked up the computer to another monitor and havent experienced any
problems.
Any suggestions would be helpful in monitor trouble shooting, couldnt find a
newsgroup for monitors.
Thanks in advance
Dagger

It sounds like your old monitor has an intermitent thermal fault that causes
it to go black. That symptom can be almost impossible to diagnose.

--
DaveW