9600xt AIW crash under Win ME

Hi im trying to run my Sapphire 9600xt AIW in windows ME but what ever
driver or install combination i try i get the following Blue screen error.
ATICDS32(01) + 0000075C ERROR :0D:0028:C1B129FC. The first part of the error
is allways the same even if i try the Omega drivers. It all runs perfectly
on Windows XP. I have nothing but problems with XP so I want to run a second
machine with ME.

Any ideas?
It's running on an Asus a7n8x Delux rev2

thanks
Keith
6 answers Last reply
More about 9600xt crash

    In article <4sETd.143434$68.132889@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Keith
    Whitfield says...
    > Hi im trying to run my Sapphire 9600xt AIW in windows ME but what ever
    > driver or install combination i try i get the following Blue screen error.
    > ATICDS32(01) + 0000075C ERROR :0D:0028:C1B129FC. The first part of the error
    > is allways the same even if i try the Omega drivers. It all runs perfectly
    > on Windows XP. I have nothing but problems with XP so I want to run a second
    > machine with ME.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    Stick with XP. ME is a frickin nightmare. If XP is flakey it sounds
    like you've some faulty hardware issues.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton

    it's not flakey it's rock solid but when ME screws up I no enough about it
    to sort it. XP is just a nightmare to fix and is easier to just reinstall it
    all the time. Plus XP is so bloated with nearly 5Gig taken up buy the
    windows partion where as ME is less then a Gig. I was thinking of selling
    the card and getting say a 9000 as it's older?

    thanks
    Keith
    "Conor" <conor@conorturton.com> wrote in message
    > In article <4sETd.143434$68.132889@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Keith
    > Whitfield says...
    >> Hi im trying to run my Sapphire 9600xt AIW in windows ME but what ever
    >> driver or install combination i try i get the following Blue screen
    >> error.
    >> ATICDS32(01) + 0000075C ERROR :0D:0028:C1B129FC. The first part of the
    >> error
    >> is allways the same even if i try the Omega drivers. It all runs
    >> perfectly
    >> on Windows XP. I have nothing but problems with XP so I want to run a
    >> second
    >> machine with ME.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >
    > Stick with XP. ME is a frickin nightmare. If XP is flakey it sounds
    > like you've some faulty hardware issues.
    >
    > --
    > Conor
    >
    > An imperfect plan executed violently is far superior to a perfect plan.
    > -- George Patton

    In article <wkNTd.185135$B8.65444@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk>, Keith
    Whitfield says...
    > it's not flakey it's rock solid but when ME screws up I no enough about it
    > to sort it. XP is just a nightmare to fix and is easier to just reinstall it
    > all the time.

    In other words you're not competent enough with XP so you take the
    newbie approach. No problem with that but you're going to have to learn
    to use XP because MS isn't supporting ME anymore so no more security
    updates and soon you'll find it hard to get drivers too.

    > Plus XP is so bloated with nearly 5Gig taken up buy the
    > windows partion where as ME is less then a Gig.

    How? XP is under 2GB. Alot of that space is System Restore points.

    --
    Conor

    -- George Patton

    XP is a dramatically, and I mean dramatically better OS than ME. It's
    possible to configure XP so that it looks and looks and behaves exaclty
    like 98 or ME. Unfortnatley, the settings to do it are scattered all
    over the place, and some require using TweakUI, but ME was -- and
    Microsoft themselves will admit this -- the worst version of Windows
    ever offered. In fact, although it's a bit older, 98SE is much better.

    I'm also puzzled by "Sapphire 9600xt AIW". I didn't know that anyone
    but ATI themselves ever made an "All-in-Wonder" card. Granted, you may
    have a 9600xt card with a tuner on it, but if it wasn't MADE by ATI (and
    I mean the card, not the 9600xt chip), then it's not an "All-in-Wonder"
    and I wouldn't expect AIW drivers to work.

    Keith Whitfield wrote:

    > Hi im trying to run my Sapphire 9600xt AIW in windows ME but what ever
    > driver or install combination i try i get the following Blue screen error.
    > ATICDS32(01) + 0000075C ERROR :0D:0028:C1B129FC. The first part of the error
    > is allways the same even if i try the Omega drivers. It all runs perfectly
    > on Windows XP. I have nothing but problems with XP so I want to run a second
    > machine with ME.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    > It's running on an Asus a7n8x Delux rev2
    >
    > thanks
    > Keith

    Thanks for the input. looks like im going to have to move with the times an
    go XP.
    Many companys make the All in wonder. Im using the 9800 AIW from Connect3D
    in one machine and the 9600 from sapphire this card is also called
    THE BEAST ALL-IN-WONDER® 9600 PRO.
    http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/aiw-9600pro.asp

    thanks for the info
    Keith

    > XP is a dramatically, and I mean dramatically better OS than ME. It's
    > possible to configure XP so that it looks and looks and behaves exaclty
    > like 98 or ME. Unfortnatley, the settings to do it are scattered all over
    > the place, and some require using TweakUI, but ME was -- and Microsoft
    > themselves will admit this -- the worst version of Windows ever offered.
    > In fact, although it's a bit older, 98SE is much better.
    >
    > I'm also puzzled by "Sapphire 9600xt AIW". I didn't know that anyone but
    > ATI themselves ever made an "All-in-Wonder" card. Granted, you may have a
    > 9600xt card with a tuner on it, but if it wasn't MADE by ATI (and I mean
    > the card, not the 9600xt chip), then it's not an "All-in-Wonder" and I
    > wouldn't expect AIW drivers to work.
    >

    > Keith Whitfield wrote:
    >
    >> Hi im trying to run my Sapphire 9600xt AIW in windows ME but what ever
    >> driver or install combination i try i get the following Blue screen
    >> error.
    >> ATICDS32(01) + 0000075C ERROR :0D:0028:C1B129FC. The first part of the
    >> error is allways the same even if i try the Omega drivers. It all runs
    >> perfectly on Windows XP. I have nothing but problems with XP so I want to
    >> run a second machine with ME.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >> It's running on an Asus a7n8x Delux rev2
    >>
    >> thanks
    >> Keith

    Outside of America and Canada ATI don't even officially market their retail
    graphics cards anymore. The only choice such consumers have are third party
    companies. The last ATI made All In Wonder cards to be sold in the UK were
    during the AIW Radeon/Radeon 7500 era. After then ATI decided to pass
    marketing/distribution responsibilities for AIWs to Hercules (8500DV era)
    and since then things have opened up considerably to other companies and
    Hercules no longer do graphics cards at all.... how times change.

    Even if consumers had access to buy genuine ATI made cards from the
    US/Canada (perhaps over the web), All In Wonder purchases wouldn't be
    worthwhile due to the cards not supporting the different TV broadcast
    formats used outside of those countries. I have a couple of "Built by" ATI
    All In Wonder Radeons and an 8500DV which although it was made by ATI, was
    sold by Hercules here. Both card types work with standard drivers and
    software for "Built by" ATI cards. The idea of separate "Powered by" ATI
    drivers being needed by some cards puts me off considering those "Powered
    by" products and its a pity genuine made by ATI cards aren't available here
    through official channels anymore.

    I agree with your opinions about XP vs ME and I'm pleased the OP is going to
    move with times to become more familiar with XPs features (and benefits). In
    terms of a solution to the actual ME problem mentioned, assuming the correct
    Sapphire provided drivers are installed (for the motherboard chipset as well
    as graphics card), my next question would be what brings on the error (and
    using what software)?

    Paul

    > XP is a dramatically, and I mean dramatically better OS than ME. It's
    > possible to configure XP so that it looks and looks and behaves exaclty
    > like 98 or ME. Unfortnatley, the settings to do it are scattered all over
    > the place, and some require using TweakUI, but ME was -- and Microsoft
    > themselves will admit this -- the worst version of Windows ever offered.
    > In fact, although it's a bit older, 98SE is much better.
    >
    > I'm also puzzled by "Sapphire 9600xt AIW". I didn't know that anyone but
    > ATI themselves ever made an "All-in-Wonder" card. Granted, you may have a
    > 9600xt card with a tuner on it, but if it wasn't MADE by ATI (and I mean
    > the card, not the 9600xt chip), then it's not an "All-in-Wonder" and I
    > wouldn't expect AIW drivers to work.
    >

    > Keith Whitfield wrote:
    >
    >> Hi im trying to run my Sapphire 9600xt AIW in windows ME but what ever
    >> driver or install combination i try i get the following Blue screen
    >> error.
    >> ATICDS32(01) + 0000075C ERROR :0D:0028:C1B129FC. The first part of the
    >> error is allways the same even if i try the Omega drivers. It all runs
    >> perfectly on Windows XP. I have nothing but problems with XP so I want to
    >> run a second machine with ME.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >> It's running on an Asus a7n8x Delux rev2
    >>
    >> thanks
    >> Keith

Radeon Windows XP Graphics