KODAK DX6490 Lens Adapter etc. (Ron Baird)

I was considering getting a KODAK DX6490 Lens Adapter (Item 1525088 ) and
found this info on www.kodak.com: "This product will be available beginning
in April, 2004".
Strange I thought and then selected Norwegian, my main language, on
kodak.com, which BTW is terrible, (i.e most links goes to English language
pages etc. and no where to order etc.). BUT there was a Norwegian support
phone number, so I dialled it... and a woman in England answered my call, in
English of course...!! She couldn't tell me where or when (or if) the Lens
Adapter would be available. She suggested I call a Norwegian number and read
it to me! It was the same number I was calling!
I just said forget about it.
But what is going on here, isn't there a updated Kodak website out there
where I can order Kodak accessories here in Norway?? Or at least a phone
number I can call here in Norway??

The accessories I'd like to try is the SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH XENAR 0.7x
Wide-Angle Lens for KODAK EASYSHARE DX6490 Zoom Digital Camera (Item
1033323) that requires a KODAK DX6490 Lens Adapter. This product also will
be available beginning in April, 2004 according to Kodak.com (???).

If this accessories are available now, has anyone here tried it yet? Is it
worth getting, and what's the price?
Thanks,
T.
9 answers Last reply
More about kodak dx6490 lens adapter baird

    On Tue, 4 May 2004 13:04:49 +0200, "//Tormod" <fbi@elviss.com> wrote:

    >I was considering getting a KODAK DX6490 Lens Adapter (Item 1525088 ) and
    >found this info on www.kodak.com: "This product will be available beginning
    >in April, 2004".

    The adapter on eBay is probably a 3rd party stuff and not an actual
    Kodak product.
    --
    To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

    //Tormod wrote:

    > The accessories I'd like to try is the SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH XENAR 0.7x
    > Wide-Angle Lens for KODAK EASYSHARE DX6490 Zoom Digital Camera (Item
    > 1033323) that requires a KODAK DX6490 Lens Adapter. This product also will
    > be available beginning in April, 2004 according to Kodak.com (???).
    >
    > If this accessories are available now, has anyone here tried it yet? Is it
    > worth getting, and what's the price?

    Price I found on techonweb.com : $118.68 and on mwave.com:
    $116.52. None of these two have it in stock right now though.

    --
    Els
    http://locusmeus.com/

    "Impmon" <impmon@digi.mon> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 4 May 2004 13:04:49 +0200, "//Tormod" <fbi@elviss.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I was considering getting a KODAK DX6490 Lens Adapter (Item 1525088 ) and
    > >found this info on www.kodak.com: "This product will be available
    beginning
    > >in April, 2004".
    >
    > The adapter on eBay is probably a 3rd party stuff and not an actual
    > Kodak product.
    > --
    > To reply, replace digi.mon with tds.net

    I emailed Kodak (UK) support on this matter the other day and was told the
    lens adaptor should now be available in mid-may.
    I've seen the adaptor on ebay and it is indeed a "3rd party" product, so no
    idea of the quality.

    Greetings Tormod,

    Sure there is, I am not sure what number you called before, but try this
    one, it is on the Kodak website.

    Norway Telephone Email Fax
    Consumer Digital Product Support 23-16-21-33 44-131-4586962
    Professional Digital Camera and Thermal Printers Support 80014898
    KODAK Picture Maker Kiosk 80014898
    Projector Support 23 16 2041
    Oslo Office 47-66-81-81-81 47-66-80-06-12

    Let me know how this works out.

    Kodak no longer sells directly from its website. Rather, we have online
    vendors that can do a much better job of getting our products to you via the
    web as in most cases that is their focus and the only thing they do.

    To my knowledge the accessory lenses and adapter should be reaching the
    stores this week. So watch your retailer. This is in the US and though I
    am not sure about how they will be rolled out in Norway, I can hope that it
    will at the same time of shortly after.

    Let me know if there are questions.

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    "//Tormod" <fbi@elviss.com> wrote in message
    > I was considering getting a KODAK DX6490 Lens Adapter (Item 1525088 ) and
    > found this info on www.kodak.com: "This product will be available
    beginning
    > in April, 2004".
    > Strange I thought and then selected Norwegian, my main language, on
    > kodak.com, which BTW is terrible, (i.e most links goes to English language
    > pages etc. and no where to order etc.). BUT there was a Norwegian support
    > phone number, so I dialled it... and a woman in England answered my call,
    in
    > English of course...!! She couldn't tell me where or when (or if) the Lens
    > Adapter would be available. She suggested I call a Norwegian number and
    read
    > it to me! It was the same number I was calling!
    > I just said forget about it.
    > But what is going on here, isn't there a updated Kodak website out there
    > where I can order Kodak accessories here in Norway?? Or at least a phone
    > number I can call here in Norway??
    >
    > The accessories I'd like to try is the SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH XENAR 0.7x
    > Wide-Angle Lens for KODAK EASYSHARE DX6490 Zoom Digital Camera (Item
    > 1033323) that requires a KODAK DX6490 Lens Adapter. This product also will
    > be available beginning in April, 2004 according to Kodak.com (???).
    >
    > If this accessories are available now, has anyone here tried it yet? Is it
    > worth getting, and what's the price?
    > Thanks,
    > T.

  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    *** answer below***

    Ron Baird wrote:
    > Greetings Tormod,
    >
    > Sure there is, I am not sure what number you called before, but try
    > this one, it is on the Kodak website.
    >
    > Norway Telephone Email Fax
    > Consumer Digital Product Support 23-16-21-33 44-131-4586962
    > Professional Digital Camera and Thermal Printers Support
    > 80014898 KODAK Picture Maker Kiosk 80014898
    > Projector Support 23 16 2041
    > Oslo Office 47-66-81-81-81 47-66-80-06-12
    >

    > Let me know how this works out.
    >
    > Kodak no longer sells directly from its website. Rather, we have
    > online vendors that can do a much better job of getting our products
    > to you via the web as in most cases that is their focus and the only
    > thing they do.
    >
    > To my knowledge the accessory lenses and adapter should be reaching
    > the stores this week. So watch your retailer. This is in the US and
    > though I am not sure about how they will be rolled out in Norway, I
    > can hope that it will at the same time of shortly after.
    >
    > Let me know if there are questions.
    >
    > Ron Baird
    > Eastman Kodak Company

    ***
    Thanks Ron,
    The number I was dialling was Consumer Digital Product Support 23-16-21-33
    but this is number is transferred to England, with Sweden as a 2nd option.
    It's a Norwegian phone phone number but it's transferred. But why not just
    close the Norwegian Kodak site as most of the sub-pages goes to English
    pages, and the support phone number is transferred out of the country
    anyway? I like my Kodak camera very much, but what if something get's broken
    or something, in what language would my enquiry be answered...??
    Tormod
    ***

    > "//Tormod" <fbi@elviss.com> wrote in message
    >> I was considering getting a KODAK DX6490 Lens Adapter (Item 1525088
    >> ) and found this info on www.kodak.com: "This product will be
    >> available beginning in April, 2004".
    >> Strange I thought and then selected Norwegian, my main language, on
    >> kodak.com, which BTW is terrible, (i.e most links goes to English
    >> language pages etc. and no where to order etc.). BUT there was a
    >> Norwegian support phone number, so I dialled it... and a woman in
    >> England answered my call, in English of course...!! She couldn't
    >> tell me where or when (or if) the Lens Adapter would be available.
    >> She suggested I call a Norwegian number and read it to me! It was
    >> the same number I was calling!
    >> I just said forget about it.
    >> But what is going on here, isn't there a updated Kodak website out
    >> there where I can order Kodak accessories here in Norway?? Or at
    >> least a phone number I can call here in Norway??
    >>
    >> The accessories I'd like to try is the SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH XENAR 0.7x
    >> Wide-Angle Lens for KODAK EASYSHARE DX6490 Zoom Digital Camera (Item
    >> 1033323) that requires a KODAK DX6490 Lens Adapter. This product
    >> also will be available beginning in April, 2004 according to
    >> Kodak.com (???).
    >>
    >> If this accessories are available now, has anyone here tried it yet?
    >> Is it worth getting, and what's the price?
    >> Thanks,
    >> T.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Greetings Tormod,

    We have people on hand that will be able to help you directly, regardless of
    where you reside. If something happens to your camera that requires
    service, the number I provided should be of help. Your camera would be
    serviced at the nearest and most convenient center to you. Please use the
    number noted and you should be OK.

    Talk to you soon, Tormod,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    On Wed, 19 May 2004 10:39:00 -0400, "Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com>
    wrote:

    >Greetings Tormod,
    >
    >We have people on hand that will be able to help you directly, regardless of
    >where you reside. If something happens to your camera that requires
    >service, the number I provided should be of help. Your camera would be
    >serviced at the nearest and most convenient center to you. Please use the
    >number noted and you should be OK.
    >
    >Talk to you soon, Tormod,
    >
    >Ron Baird
    >Eastman Kodak Company

    That center in Illinois jus fixed a flash problem but now the camera
    doesn't show focus with the eyepiece (the actual focus is fine) no
    matter where I turn the diopter wheel. They fixed the strobe and my
    guess is they knocked a mirror out of alignment. You would think they
    would give it a 10 second check before sending it back out. It's quite
    obvious.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Greetings Hans,

    Actually, they do. Every camera that comes in with an issue or that needs
    repair is fully checked and calibrated before it is released to you. It
    should be in perfect condition. Also, there are no mirrors in the DX6490 so
    that is not the issue. I am not sure what the issue is, but are you
    referring to the switch between the EVF and the LCD? You can switch between
    them using the little switch next to the eyepiece.

    If you are referring to the indicators on screen, they should show the same
    information? If they do not, contact Kodak at 800 235-6325 and review
    directly.

    Let me know how things go,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    > wrote:
    >
    > >Greetings Tormod,
    > >
    > >We have people on hand that will be able to help you directly, regardless
    of
    > >where you reside. If something happens to your camera that requires
    > >service, the number I provided should be of help. Your camera would be
    > >serviced at the nearest and most convenient center to you. Please use
    the
    > >number noted and you should be OK.
    > >
    > >Talk to you soon, Tormod,
    > >
    > >Ron Baird
    > >Eastman Kodak Company
    > >

    > That center in Illinois jus fixed a flash problem but now the camera
    > doesn't show focus with the eyepiece (the actual focus is fine) no
    > matter where I turn the diopter wheel. They fixed the strobe and my
    > guess is they knocked a mirror out of alignment. You would think they
    > would give it a 10 second check before sending it back out. It's quite
    > obvious.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    On Fri, 21 May 2004 12:15:37 -0400, "Ron Baird" <ronbaird@kodak.com>
    wrote:

    >Greetings Hans,
    >
    >Actually, they do. Every camera that comes in with an issue or that needs
    >repair is fully checked and calibrated before it is released to you. It
    >should be in perfect condition. Also, there are no mirrors in the DX6490 so
    >that is not the issue. I am not sure what the issue is, but are you
    >referring to the switch between the EVF and the LCD? You can switch between
    >them using the little switch next to the eyepiece.
    >
    >If you are referring to the indicators on screen, they should show the same
    >information? If they do not, contact Kodak at 800 235-6325 and review
    >directly.
    >
    >Let me know how things go,
    >
    >Ron Baird
    >Eastman Kodak Company

    When I switch to the EVF now everything is way out of focus and the
    diopter wheel doesn't correct it. A 2 second look into the EVF would
    have told the technician he screwed something up when he replaced the
    strobe. I sent it back yesterday to the same place.

    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Greetings Tormod,
    >> >
    >> >We have people on hand that will be able to help you directly, regardless
    >of
    >> >where you reside. If something happens to your camera that requires
    >> >service, the number I provided should be of help. Your camera would be
    >> >serviced at the nearest and most convenient center to you. Please use
    >the
    >> >number noted and you should be OK.
    >> >
    >> >Talk to you soon, Tormod,
    >> >
    >> >Ron Baird
    >> >Eastman Kodak Company
    >> >

    >> That center in Illinois jus fixed a flash problem but now the camera
    >> doesn't show focus with the eyepiece (the actual focus is fine) no
    >> matter where I turn the diopter wheel. They fixed the strobe and my
    >> guess is they knocked a mirror out of alignment. You would think they
    >> would give it a 10 second check before sending it back out. It's quite
    >> obvious.

Cameras Accessories Kodak Peripherals Product