Runtime Error - R6025 pure virtual function call

I've tried anything and everything that I can find to fix this problem. I get
the following message everytime I try to log on. If there are ANY
suggestions. please help me get this to go away.
--------------------------------------
Microsoft visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime error
Program:C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE
R6025
-pure virtual function call
Any suggestion would be appreciated and tried!! Thanks in advance..
--
llchrista01
14 answers Last reply

    llchrista01,
    Read about it here;
    'Cause of the R6025 Run-Time Error'
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=125749)
    Hope this helps,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    I went to the sight and actually read it, but the question is, what did it
    say. I have functions that are trying to call on a function... If anyone can
    translate this into human let me know. I really appreciate the help. thanks
    (again) in advance.
    --
    llchrista01

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > llchrista01,
    > Read about it here;
    > 'Cause of the R6025 Run-Time Error'
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=125749)
    > Hope this helps,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    llchrista01,
    Searching for this subject brings numerous hits. Anything from BHO's
    (browser helper objects) to Symantec products, or trying to play
    streaming media as being a problem.
    Let's start with the basics; are you virus/spyware free? Have you
    looked in Administration Tools, Event Viewer for errors there? Do you
    have all your Windows Updates installed?
    Without knowing what's installed on your computer, it's a guessing
    game.
    Run some scans with Ad-Aware, SpyBot, ect. Post back any error messages
    you see in event viewer. I'll keep looking.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    I have ran spybot and I'll post my "congradulations". I have ran adaware and
    had a list of recently opened documents that I will also post for you to be
    able to see. All of updates are in place. AVG says I'm virus free, Microsoft
    spyware says I'm spyware free. I did look in event viewer and I see a lot of
    errors, but I have to admit I have no idea what I'm looking at. There are a
    lot and it would take up pages to post them here. I will post a couple of
    them to give you an idea what they look like. If you need to see more you
    have to let me know and I'll take up this whole column to get them to you.
    Adaware log:ArchiveData(l.bckp)
    Referencefile : SE1R50 13.06.2005

    MRU LIST
    obj[0]=MRU FileReference : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application
    Data\microsoft\office\recent\2T8RWB6N.LNK
    obj[1]=MRU FileReference : C:\Documents and
    Settings\Owner\recent\computer-help.lnk
    obj[2]=MRU FileReference : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\recent\Desktop.ini
    obj[3]=MRU FileReference : C:\Documents and
    Settings\Owner\recent\SpybotSD.Results.lnk
    obj[4]=MRU FileReference : C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application
    Data\microsoft\office\recent\computer-help.LNK
    obj[5]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\google\navclient\1.1\history
    obj[6]=MRU RegReference : software\microsoft\direct3d\mostrecentapplication
    name
    obj[7]=MRU RegReference : software\microsoft\direct3d\mostrecentapplication
    name
    obj[8]=MRU RegReference :
    software\microsoft\directdraw\mostrecentapplication name
    obj[9]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\mediaplayer\player\settings saveasdir
    obj[10]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\mediaplayer\preferences lastplaylistindex
    obj[11]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\mediaplayer\preferences lastplaylist
    obj[12]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\microsoft
    management console\recent file list
    obj[13]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\office\9.0\common\open find\microsoft powerpoint\settings\insert picture\file name mru value
    obj[14]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\office\9.0\common\open find\microsoft powerpoint\settings\save as\file name mru value
    obj[15]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\search
    assistant\acmru\5603
    obj[16]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\search
    assistant\acmru\5604
    obj[17]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\comdlg32\opensavemru\*
    obj[18]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\recentdocs\.txt
    obj[19]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\recentdocs\Folder
    obj[21]=MRU RegReference :
    S-1-5-21-47155188-3441187054-2866368165-1003\software\microsoft\windows
    media\wmsdk\general computername

    Spybot:
    Congratulations!: No immediate threats were found. ()

    Event Log: Applications

    Type Date Time Source
    Category Event User

    Error 6/20/2005 12:53:16 PM Application Hang None 1001 N/A
    Error 6/20/2005 12:53:11 PM Application Hang (101) 1002 N/A
    Error 6/19/2005 8:08:15 AM Application Hang (101) 1002
    N/A

    Event Log System:
    Type Date Time Source
    Category Event User Computer
    Error 6/19/2005 7:59:48 AM Service Control Manager None 7000 N/A
    Error 6/18/2005 5:37:38 PM Service Control Manager None 7000 N/A
    Error 6/18/2005 5:35:43 PM DCOM None 10005 SYSTEM
    Error 6/18/2005 5:34:03 PM DCOM None 10005 Administrator

    I know this is long and for that I apologize, but this is what you ask for.
    You should see the list I didn't send of event log errors. I don't know if
    this is readable to you, but I sure hope so. If you need more info, please
    feel free to ask. And thank you so much for helping.

    --
    llchrista01

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > llchrista01,
    > Searching for this subject brings numerous hits. Anything from BHO's
    > (browser helper objects) to Symantec products, or trying to play
    > streaming media as being a problem.
    > Let's start with the basics; are you virus/spyware free? Have you
    > looked in Administration Tools, Event Viewer for errors there? Do you
    > have all your Windows Updates installed?
    > Without knowing what's installed on your computer, it's a guessing
    > game.
    > Run some scans with Ad-Aware, SpyBot, ect. Post back any error messages
    > you see in event viewer. I'll keep looking.
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    llchrista01,
    Are you running any combination of these applications?
    • Microsoft Money
    • Word 2000
    • Norton AntiVirus 2000
    • Norton AntiVirus 2001
    • Norton AntiVirus 2002
    • Norton SystemWorks 2000
    • Norton SystemWorks 2001
    • Norton SystemWorks 2002
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    In Windows, I can find files for Microsoft Money, but I don't know where or
    what it is. I do run Word 2000. I uninstalled Norton after the 60 free trial
    ran out, but I did a search and found files that still contained information
    on this. Let me know if you need to see any of the file names. Once again,
    you're appreciated.
    --
    llchrista01

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > llchrista01,
    > Are you running any combination of these applications?
    > • Microsoft Money
    > • Word 2000
    > • Norton AntiVirus 2000
    > • Norton AntiVirus 2001
    > • Norton AntiVirus 2002
    > • Norton SystemWorks 2000
    > • Norton SystemWorks 2001
    > • Norton SystemWorks 2002
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    llchrista01,
    We may be getting closer! Look at this support article by MS;
    'error message '
    (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243579)
    Evidently Norton had a plug-in for scanning Office files.
    'Office plug-in'
    (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/#XSLTH3127121123120121120120)
    Microsoft Money also has call-out to a Virtual Runtime Error;
    'Money Runtime Error' (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240437)
    So I'd go to Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. Let it populate and
    then look for Money or a Norton Plug-in and nuke it. (delete)
    Their also may be an entry somewhere in a Word menu dialog box to allow
    the Norton Plug-in. Hopefully there aren't left over registry values
    that are causing you this virtual slug fest.
    Let me know what you find out. PS, What name/version of Norton?
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    I did find Money and Money 2005, I removed both programs. There was nothing
    in Add/Remove about Norton. I did a search and found files in C:\Documents
    and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp for Norton Antivirus 2004 4-29-2005
    15h42m38s, Norton Antivirus 2005 4-29-2005,(I'm going to leave out the h m
    s), Norton Antivirus 2005 5-2-2005, Norton Internet Security 6-18-2005,
    Norton Internet Security 6-18-2005, Norton Personal Firewall 4-24-05, Norton
    Personal Firewall 4-29-05, and Norton Personal Firewall 5-9-05. I got the
    computer on Christmas and the 60 day free trial of Norton ran out around end
    of Feb. or the beginning of March. I removed the program then. Are these
    leftovers. What do I do with all of these. This search was just for "Norton
    Antivirus/version". The search I ran for "Norton" came back with 163 files.
    I'll tell you this, you are very patient and very helpful. Thanks for being
    there.
    --
    llchrista01

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > llchrista01,
    > We may be getting closer! Look at this support article by MS;
    > 'error message '
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243579)
    > Evidently Norton had a plug-in for scanning Office files.
    > 'Office plug-in'
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/#XSLTH3127121123120121120120)
    > Microsoft Money also has call-out to a Virtual Runtime Error;
    > 'Money Runtime Error' (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240437)
    > So I'd go to Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. Let it populate and
    > then look for Money or a Norton Plug-in and nuke it. (delete)
    > Their also may be an entry somewhere in a Word menu dialog box to allow
    > the Norton Plug-in. Hopefully there aren't left over registry values
    > that are causing you this virtual slug fest.
    > Let me know what you find out. PS, What name/version of Norton?
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

    I just wanted to let you know that ever since I removed Money, I have not
    recieved the runtime error. Thanks for all your help and patience with
    someone who doesn't know that much about computers.
    --
    llchrista01

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > llchrista01,
    > We may be getting closer! Look at this support article by MS;
    > 'error message '
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243579)
    > Evidently Norton had a plug-in for scanning Office files.
    > 'Office plug-in'
    > (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/#XSLTH3127121123120121120120)
    > Microsoft Money also has call-out to a Virtual Runtime Error;
    > 'Money Runtime Error' (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240437)
    > So I'd go to Control Panel/Add/Remove Programs. Let it populate and
    > then look for Money or a Norton Plug-in and nuke it. (delete)
    > Their also may be an entry somewhere in a Word menu dialog box to allow
    > the Norton Plug-in. Hopefully there aren't left over registry values
    > that are causing you this virtual slug fest.
    > Let me know what you find out. PS, What name/version of Norton?
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

  10. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    llchrista01,
    Glad you got it sorted out with no more errors!
    The problem with some of these error messages are that they can be
    generated by more than one application or driver.
    Now all you have to do is figure out how to uninstall the trial of
    Norton that's lingering on your computer.
    If you download and run this free application, you can print out a
    report on what software and version is installed on your computer.
    'Belarc Advisor ' (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)
    From there you can go to Symantec.com Support, and get info on how to
    uninstall it. It is very important that you have some sort of
    anti-virus software these days. If you want free anti-virus just post a
    question about which is the best. (grin) I myself use a product called
    Nod32, which I highly recommend. 'NOD32'
    (http://nod32.com/home/home.htm)
    It's not a resource hog like Norton, and does an excellent job.
    Glad to here your computers fixed.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

  11. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    I already have belarc on here (kim komando) it shows nothing about norton and
    says that no info is available on the antivirus. I'm not even sure how to
    read what I do see. Is there a way for you to see my belarc screen, or an
    e-mail address I could send it to. There's stuff that came on the computer
    that I never use and I'm not sure what's safe to get rid of. Thanks again.
    --
    llchrista01

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > llchrista01,
    > Glad you got it sorted out with no more errors!
    > The problem with some of these error messages are that they can be
    > generated by more than one application or driver.
    > Now all you have to do is figure out how to uninstall the trial of
    > Norton that's lingering on your computer.
    > If you download and run this free application, you can print out a
    > report on what software and version is installed on your computer.
    > 'Belarc Advisor ' (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)
    > From there you can go to Symantec.com Support, and get info on how to
    > uninstall it. It is very important that you have some sort of
    > anti-virus software these days. If you want free anti-virus just post a
    > question about which is the best. (grin) I myself use a product called
    > Nod32, which I highly recommend. 'NOD32'
    > (http://nod32.com/home/home.htm)
    > It's not a resource hog like Norton, and does an excellent job.
    > Glad to here your computers fixed.
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

  12. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    llchrista01,
    Just send me your generated report in html and text, two seperate
    emails to my hotmail account.
    mepappas(at)hotmail.com

    --
    Treeman

  13. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    Hello treeman I was recently looking at old posts and saw your's recommending
    the nod32AV. I have mcafee8.0.0 but my windows AV has recently become
    outdated so I am looking for another av to replace the windows AV. I went to
    try the trial of nod32 but it wants me to uninstall any other AV
    programs...here is the dumb question..can I just unable my mcafee av instead
    of uninstalling it?
    thank you in advance
    wendy

    "Treeman" wrote:

    > llchrista01,
    > Glad you got it sorted out with no more errors!
    > The problem with some of these error messages are that they can be
    > generated by more than one application or driver.
    > Now all you have to do is figure out how to uninstall the trial of
    > Norton that's lingering on your computer.
    > If you download and run this free application, you can print out a
    > report on what software and version is installed on your computer.
    > 'Belarc Advisor ' (http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html)
    > From there you can go to Symantec.com Support, and get info on how to
    > uninstall it. It is very important that you have some sort of
    > anti-virus software these days. If you want free anti-virus just post a
    > question about which is the best. (grin) I myself use a product called
    > Nod32, which I highly recommend. 'NOD32'
    > (http://nod32.com/home/home.htm)
    > It's not a resource hog like Norton, and does an excellent job.
    > Glad to here your computers fixed.
    > Best,
    > Treeman
    >

    > --
    > Treeman

    > Treeman's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=1260

  14. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?)

    "My windows AV has recently become outdated."
    Hi Wendy,
    If your not getting the virus pattern file updates to Mcafee, it's
    pretty much worthless. This holds true for all AV products.
    Nod32 updates come just about every other day, a good sign that the
    virus signature files are current. I'd just uninstall Mcafee, re-boot,
    defrag, then install the trial of Nod32. See if your system isn't
    faster!
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

Internet Explorer Security Runtime Microsoft Windows XP