Missing mouse pointer in Guide+

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 25, 2005 6:10:35 PM

I had to reinstall MMC 8.9, and now when I open Guide + the mouse pointer is
missing. Can anyone recommend a fix?
February 26, 2005 10:47:59 AM

K wrote:
> I had to reinstall MMC 8.9, and now when I open Guide + the mouse
> pointer is missing. Can anyone recommend a fix?

Ya, I have 9.03 and mine does the same thing. I never use Guide+ and I
remember this happening for sometime now probably with every version for the
same reason. There are other TV Guides. I have one on my laptop that sits on
the coffee table and is way better than Guide+.

J.

begin 666 TV Guide.url
M6TEN=&5R;F5T4VAO<G1C=71=#0I54DP]:'1T<#HO+W1V+GEA:&]O+F-O;2]G
M<FED/VQI;F5U<#UU<U].2#(X-#4W)BYH:65R/75S7TY(,C@T-3<-"DUO9&EF
8:65D/40P1$0X,SA!,#$Q0T,U,#$Y1 T*
`
end
February 26, 2005 11:12:40 AM

>>K wrote:

>> I had to reinstall MMC 8.9, and now when I open Guide + the mouse
>> pointer is missing. Can anyone recommend a fix?

>"Jimmy"wrote:

> Ya, I have 9.03 and mine does the same thing. I never use Guide+ and I
> remember this happening for sometime now probably with every version for
> the
> same reason. There are other TV Guides. I have one on my laptop that sits
> on
> the coffee table and is way better than Guide+.
>
> J.

I followed ATI's fixes, no change. What TV Guide are you running?
February 26, 2005 1:15:21 PM

K wrote:
>>> K wrote:
>
>>> I had to reinstall MMC 8.9, and now when I open Guide + the mouse
>>> pointer is missing. Can anyone recommend a fix?
>
>> "Jimmy"wrote:
>
>> Ya, I have 9.03 and mine does the same thing. I never use Guide+ and
>> I remember this happening for sometime now probably with every
>> version for the
>> same reason. There are other TV Guides. I have one on my laptop that
>> sits on
>> the coffee table and is way better than Guide+.
>>
>> J.
>
> I followed ATI's fixes, no change. What TV Guide are you running?

http://tv.yahoo.com/grid?lineup=us_NH28457&.hier=us_NH2...
This is the first one I tried so I am sure there are others.

J.
February 26, 2005 1:18:58 PM

K wrote:
>>> K wrote:
>
>>> I had to reinstall MMC 8.9, and now when I open Guide + the mouse
>>> pointer is missing. Can anyone recommend a fix?
>
>> "Jimmy"wrote:
>
>> Ya, I have 9.03 and mine does the same thing. I never use Guide+ and
>> I remember this happening for sometime now probably with every
>> version for the
>> same reason. There are other TV Guides. I have one on my laptop that
>> sits on
>> the coffee table and is way better than Guide+.
>>
>> J.
>
> I followed ATI's fixes, no change. What TV Guide are you running?

Oh and you can see you will have to enter your own zipcode as mine is Salem
New Hampshire..
J.
February 26, 2005 10:00:48 PM

LOL, my apologies for being unclear. I use Guide+ to set channel and
recording times for burning to DVD. My wife has a fit when CSI and
Apprentice are on at the same time.
Thanks anyway.

"Jimmy" <JimmyCliff@xemaps.com> >K wrote:

>>> "Jimmy"wrote:
>>
>>> Ya, I have 9.03 and mine does the same thing. I never use Guide+ and
>>> I remember this happening for sometime now probably with every
>>> version for the
>>> same reason. There are other TV Guides. I have one on my laptop that
>>> sits on
>>> the coffee table and is way better than Guide+.
>>>
>>> J.
>>
>> I followed ATI's fixes, no change. What TV Guide are you running?

February 26, 2005 11:18:16 PM

K wrote:
> LOL, my apologies for being unclear. I use Guide+ to set channel and
> recording times for burning to DVD. My wife has a fit when CSI and
> Apprentice are on at the same time.
> Thanks anyway.

ok so then you want an application like TVIO or DIVO or whatever ya call
it. I am sure there must be something other than Guide+.
I know what you mean about the TV schedule. I like Alias and King of Queens
so I watch them both at the same time. I am dumping KOQ thought as Carey has
gone from a fox to a barnyarn animal these days.

J.

>>> I followed ATI's fixes, no change. What TV Guide are you running?
March 8, 2005 1:21:00 AM

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:10:35 -0600, "K" <name@swbell.net> wrote:

>I had to reinstall MMC 8.9, and now when I open Guide + the mouse pointer is
>missing. Can anyone recommend a fix?

This worked for me...:
I had the same problem and found this registry fix workaround in
another
group. This worked for me.
Find this key in the registry and change the value to 3. Mine was set
to 4
and the cursor kept disappearing. After I changed it to 3 it stopped
disappearing.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI
Technologies\Multimedia\Features\TV\Display]
"DisplaySize"=dword:00000003
!