Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

"One touch record" settings

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
February 26, 2005 10:39:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

I prefer "one touch record" set to "Program Name (start time)".
Somehow before each recording it's changed to "User defined".
While the "Library" indicates the correct name, the stored file
shows whatever happens to be there, normally the wrong name.

Another problem is that ONLY .vcr files will play back. All other
types (mpeg, avi) result in black screen and no audio while it
appeared to be recording normally and has produced an
appropriate file size.

Running an ATI 9600XT and MMC 9.03. Anyone else having these
problems?

Any productive ideas on the above situations greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jack.

More about : touch record settings

Anonymous
February 26, 2005 6:11:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:39:59 -0500, Jack <ljkahn4@cox.net> wrote:

>I prefer "one touch record" set to "Program Name (start time)".
>Somehow before each recording it's changed to "User defined".
>While the "Library" indicates the correct name, the stored file
>shows whatever happens to be there, normally the wrong name.

With your TV up and running, click on the check mark on the TV's
control panel. (Alternatively, you can click Ctrl + S) This brings up
the TV Set-up window. If it's not already visible, click on the
Personal Video Recorder tab.

In this new set-up window, click on "One Touch Record" to access those
settings. Under "Recorded File Name" click on the down-arrow and
select any one of the several options available.
>
>Another problem is that ONLY .vcr files will play back. All other
>types (mpeg, avi) result in black screen and no audio while it
>appeared to be recording normally and has produced an
>appropriate file size.

This is undoubtedly because you're settings are set to recording in an
ATI.vcr format. Change those settings and it should result in
something more useful to you.

If, from the above instructions, you've already closed the TV Set-up
window, re-open it by clicking the check mark or CTRL + S. With the
Personal Video Recorder tab selected, you should now see a "Map
Presets" bar. Click this bar to open the Recording Presets window.
Here you can select something other than an ati.vcr format.
Personally, I prefer DVD-MPEG-2 since this is the best setting for me
to later burn the captured program to DVD, but you can try others to
see what is best suited for your needs.

HTH

f
February 26, 2005 6:11:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Thanks for answering.

Perhaps I didn't make the problem clear. I know how to set the
"One touch record"; after setting it, when the next movie is recorded
the "One touch" has been changed BACK to "User defined" before
recording.

Re the second part, changing "Map presets" to *anything* other than
..vcr results in black screen and no sound. Same goes for the
conversion of .vcr to mpeg.

nospam4me@notaol.com.invalid wrote:

> On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:39:59 -0500, Jack <ljkahn4@cox.net> wrote:
>
>
>>I prefer "one touch record" set to "Program Name (start time)".
>>Somehow before each recording it's changed to "User defined".
>>While the "Library" indicates the correct name, the stored file
>>shows whatever happens to be there, normally the wrong name.
>
>
> With your TV up and running, click on the check mark on the TV's
> control panel. (Alternatively, you can click Ctrl + S) This brings up
> the TV Set-up window. If it's not already visible, click on the
> Personal Video Recorder tab.
>
> In this new set-up window, click on "One Touch Record" to access those
> settings. Under "Recorded File Name" click on the down-arrow and
> select any one of the several options available.

>>Another problem is that ONLY .vcr files will play back. All other
>>types (mpeg, avi) result in black screen and no audio while it
>>appeared to be recording normally and has produced an
>>appropriate file size.
>
>
> This is undoubtedly because you're settings are set to recording in an
> ATI.vcr format. Change those settings and it should result in
> something more useful to you.
>
> If, from the above instructions, you've already closed the TV Set-up
> window, re-open it by clicking the check mark or CTRL + S. With the
> Personal Video Recorder tab selected, you should now see a "Map
> Presets" bar. Click this bar to open the Recording Presets window.
> Here you can select something other than an ati.vcr format.
> Personally, I prefer DVD-MPEG-2 since this is the best setting for me
> to later burn the captured program to DVD, but you can try others to
> see what is best suited for your needs.
>
> HTH
>
> f
>
>
>
>
>
February 26, 2005 6:11:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

I may have found the problem; there are TWO "One Touch Record"
file name entries:
The first is under "Personal Video Recorder", "One Touch Record"
settings.
The other is under "Schedule", opened when the movie name is
clicked twice. The seventh window, "Output File" also has the
list under "Styles".

I haven't fully checked it out yet but did find that even though the
first "One Touch Record" was set to "Program Name" the second
was set to "User Defined". I have changed both to "Program Name"
and hope this takes care of it.
Jack.
!