Wireless AP with WPA encryption

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
June 25, 2004 6:00:41 AM

Hiya,

I was just wondering which brands of Wireless APs support
WPA encryption or does it come on al brands ?

My organisation is planning on investing on them so I
reckon it would be best to go for something that is WPA
facility.

hope to see some help.

cheers,
Jo
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
June 26, 2004 3:41:31 PM

Joseph:

For an enterprise look at the Cisco Aironet wireless AP's.

Harrison
"Joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hiya,
>
> I was just wondering which brands of Wireless APs support
> WPA encryption or does it come on al brands ?
>
> My organisation is planning on investing on them so I
> reckon it would be best to go for something that is WPA
> facility.
>
> hope to see some help.
>
> cheers,
> Jo
June 28, 2004 5:12:49 PM

Hello Joseph,
www.wi-fi.org lists all products that they certify to be WPA capable.
When buying new AP/adapters it might be a good idea to check that the
product support AES encryption, I guess 802.11b adapters (atleast older)
might have problems supporting this encryption and instead only support TKIP
(RC4). (If I'm not mistaken AES is optional in WPA and mandatory in WPA2,
wi-fi.org will start certifying WPA2 capable products in september)
Don't forget to set up a radius authentication environment, don't rely on a
pre shared key.

/Niklas

!