PowerColor 9250

Just have this PowerColor 9250 Game FX Board Series (powered by Radeon
9250).

Can someone help me clarify few things before I unsceal this box?

1) Is this card AGP or PCI ? (I read a lot of times that Radeon 9250
is PCI-based although this box indicates in system requirements that
one must have an empty AGP slot...)

2) I read somewhere here that Powercolor ofen have some bad history...
then that a card showing 128bit should be avoided...

I presently use a Matrox Millenium G450 AGP (dualhead) with 16MB
memory.

Let's put it this way: I already consider that I have an excellent
video card with my Matrox, and I simply want to be able to play
occasionnally games (MYST IV, others that now won't play with the
Matrox...)

Thanks,
Rob

System : P IV, 1.6 Ghz, 512 or 768 MB RAM

lanstrad wrote:
> Just have this PowerColor 9250 Game FX Board Series (powered by Radeon
> 9250).
>
> Can someone help me clarify few things before I unsceal this box?
>
> 1) Is this card AGP or PCI ? (I read a lot of times that Radeon 9250
> is PCI-based although this box indicates in system requirements that
> one must have an empty AGP slot...)
>
> 2) I read somewhere here that Powercolor ofen have some bad history...
> then that a card showing 128bit should be avoided...
>
> I presently use a Matrox Millenium G450 AGP (dualhead) with 16MB
> memory.
>
> Let's put it this way: I already consider that I have an excellent
> video card with my Matrox, and I simply want to be able to play
> occasionnally games (MYST IV, others that now won't play with the
> Matrox...)
>

> Thanks,
> Rob
>
> System : P IV, 1.6 Ghz, 512 or 768 MB RAM

The 9250 will be AGP, otherwise it would have printed
on the front "PCI".

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"lanstrad" <robert@cooljazzcreatives-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
message news:4220e773$1_3@alt.athenanews.com...
> Just have this PowerColor 9250 Game FX Board Series (powered by Radeon
> 9250).
>
> Can someone help me clarify few things before I unsceal this box?
>
> 1) Is this card AGP or PCI ? (I read a lot of times that Radeon 9250
> is PCI-based although this box indicates in system requirements that
> one must have an empty AGP slot...)

Available in PCI and AGP formfactor

> 2) I read somewhere here that Powercolor ofen have some bad history...
> then that a card showing 128bit should be avoided...

Not true. 256Mb bottom feeder card typically have slower memory that their
128Mb siblings. In the Powercolor 9250, they're both the slowest possible:
200Mhz

rox, and I simply want to be able to play
> occasionnally games (MYST IV, others that now won't play with the
> Matrox...)

See response below, if the 9600XT is too rich for your blood, the 9550 is
another choice. It's basically a 9250 with DX9 hardware support. Slow core,
slow memory but better overall than the 9250. Benches about 10,000 3DMark01
/ 2500 3DMark03 on a Barton 3200