Windows Security Update error 8007F0DA

I am unable to install the following updates. Each one fails with error code
8007F0DA.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP Service Pack
2 (KB883939)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB898458)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893066)

Can anyone help me?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows security update error 8007f0da

    JWN 53095 wrote:

    > I am unable to install the following updates. Each one fails
    > with error code 8007F0DA.
    (snip)

    > Can anyone help me?
    Hi,

    See if this helps (disregard the SP2 reference):

    Go to
    http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Service_Pack_2

    Look for fixdb.bat under "Error 0x800710D9 Unable to read from
    or write to the database". Download and run it.

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Security Windows Security Microsoft Windows XP