Windows Security Update error 8007F0DA

a b 8 Security
June 20, 2005 1:07:26 PM

I am unable to install the following updates. Each one fails with error code
8007F0DA.

Security Update for Windows XP (KB896358)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB890046)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896422)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB896428)
Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP Service Pack
2 (KB883939)
Security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB898458)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB893066)

Can anyone help me?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 20, 2005 10:11:32 PM

JWN 53095 wrote:

> I am unable to install the following updates. Each one fails
> with error code 8007F0DA.
(snip)

> Can anyone help me?
Hi,

See if this helps (disregard the SP2 reference):

Go to
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxSP2.htm#Cannot_install_Servi...

Look for fixdb.bat under "Error 0x800710D9 Unable to read from
or write to the database". Download and run it.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: