Help - trying to decide between C-5060 and CP5700

I currently own and am looking to replace a Oly C-3000 that has served
me very well for the past 4 years. In my current search for a new
camera to replace it the Oly C-5060 and Nikon CP5700 seem to rise to
the top of the list. I also like the C-8080 and CP8700, but not sure
if I want to spend that much money...

Anybody have any useful insight or recommendations for me? Any other
cameras I have missed that might be better? I like the Oly for its
familiarity, but am also really drawn to the Nikon for the 8x optical
zoom. The zoom is the one feature of the Oly (only 3x optical on my
C-3000) that I have always felt was the weakest.

We use the camera a lot, mostly to take pictures of our toddler
daughter (to chronicle her life and email photos to family & friends)
and at family functions.

BTW, are there any cameras of this caliber that still use AA
batteries. I have always been loathe to expensive, proprietary
battery formats, but that seems to be the direction things are going?

Any help or advice is appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

--Tom

---
Tom Curran
tom_curran@rcsis_dot_com