unable to access via wireless

Running a Win XP and also configured the wireless card
but i'm unable to access the internet.

It shows 'Excellent signal strength' as well but somehow
doen;t connect to the internet.
5 answers Last reply
More about unable access wireless

    Not enough specific information to offer help. What is your internet
    connection?

    hawk

    Dicky wrote:

    > Running a Win XP and also configured the wireless card
    > but i'm unable to access the internet.
    >
    > It shows 'Excellent signal strength' as well but somehow
    > doen;t connect to the internet.

    Thanks ,

    I have an ADSL connection and i'm trying to connect to it
    from my laptop(compaq) thru compaq wireless card.

    The configuration's looks fine & it shows 'Excellent
    Signal Strength' but it doesn;t connect to the Wireless
    Access point at all.

    On this laptop, i have a linux partition as well but the
    wireless part isnlt workign there too.

    Would be great if i could get the win xp working about it
    atleast.

    Cheers,
    Dicky

    Is the DSL modem connected to a wireless router? If yes, is the
    wireless card in the compaq set to the same SSID, channel, etc. as the
    router? Have you run the WinXP network wizard?

    hawk

    Dicky wrote:
    > Thanks ,
    >
    > I have an ADSL connection and i'm trying to connect to it
    > from my laptop(compaq) thru compaq wireless card.
    >
    > The configuration's looks fine & it shows 'Excellent
    > Signal Strength' but it doesn;t connect to the Wireless
    > Access point at all.
    >
    > On this laptop, i have a linux partition as well but the
    > wireless part isnlt workign there too.
    >
    > Would be great if i could get the win xp working about it
    > atleast.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Dicky

    yup the DSL modem is connecteed to the wireless AP. Also
    the SSID is set correctly on both the Wireless AP & the
    compaq wireless card. I tried the WinXP wizard as well.

    my only doubt is if i have to re-install the driver for
    the compaq card coz otherwise ervything's seems
    right....also it shows excellent signal strenght.

    thanks,

    Jo

    Does the software for the wireless card have any provision to "join" a
    network? My wireless scans for local signals and shows signal
    strength, but doesn't use the connection until I "join" the network.

    Also, what happens when you try to bring up a web page? Does it time
    out? Does it just hang there "resolving"? What messages/symptoms do
    you get?

    hawk

Wireless Internet Wireless Networking