Sapphire 9250 RAMDAC speed

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Daniel" <atari400@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
news:d00e0f$pqo$1@lust.ihug.co.nz...
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me what speed both RAMDACs (not the core or memory)
> operate at on this card please?
>
> http://www.sapphiretech.com/vga/9250.asp
>
> I can't seem to find any information about it.

400Mhz RAMDAC

http://www.northamber.plc.uk/catalogue/view_product.asp?sku=SD0GH023A&sid=inactive

The link is for an identical ATI 128Mb 9250

Daniel

Augustus wrote:

> 400Mhz RAMDAC
>
> http://www.northamber.plc.uk/catalogue/view_product.asp?sku=SD0GH023A&sid=inactive
>
> The link is for an identical ATI 128Mb 9250

Thanks for the info.

I knew that other 9250s had 400MHz RAMDACs (Gigabyte for instance), just
wanted to confirm that the Sapphire one did as well. In the past I've
seen manufacturers divert from the defacto standard or reference design
- I've had two R9600Pros with 400MHz cores, but the reference design was
(initially) for a 600MHz core.

I got an email from Sapphire tech support confirming that the RAMDACs
(I'm assuming both) are indeed 400MHz.

Apparently, the 400MHz RAMDAC speed is compliant with the VESA VSIS
proposal on VGA signal quality.

Daniel

Daniel wrote:
> Augustus wrote:
>
> ... In the past I've
> seen manufacturers divert from the defacto standard or reference design
> - I've had two R9600Pros with 400MHz cores, but the reference design was
> (initially) for a 600MHz core.

Correction, I meant to refer to memory speed not GPU core speed.

From what I read, the RAMDAC nowadays is integrated into the GPU core, so
boardmakers cannot alter its frequency.